Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Driver Registry puts the boots to me, medium style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Driver Registry puts the boots to me, medium style.

Went to renew my motorcycle permit earlier this week and told there was a hold on my license. I thought maybe I had forgot to pay on a ticket that I rec'd last September. Turns out there's something outstanding in North Carolina....FROM 1994!!

Here's where things don't add up: Yes, I've driven through NC a handful of times while stationed in SC and FL but was never ticketed. No, I've never had a NC license, and although there might have been a possible mixup (this is what I'm hoping), the DL# is close but not an exact match to mine. Also, the date of the ticket is 12-27-1994. I know I wasn't near NC during that date. Between Christmas and New Years, I was always on leave and never returned to base until January 2nd.

Because I figure this isn't gonna clear itself, I make a few calls. They mention Wilson County, which is near I-95 according to google maps. I tell them that I wasn't near the area during that time, and their response is that I have a $280 fine to pay. I ask for a copy of the citation, and they tell me that the fine is $280 with no other explanation.

Thought, explanations, theories, etc?

Oh, and apparently there is no statute of limitation on this.

Do you have access to a time machine?
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

dress like mcgyver

Comment

In my experience, pay the fine, an attorney will cost even more.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

Dude, they may be doing you a favor by alerting you to an identity theft.

Comment

Sell the motorcycle.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
              Dude, they may be doing you a favor by alerting you to an identity theft.
              You'd think the first sign wouldn't be a 13 year old traffic ticket....

Comment

I wouldn't pay it, but then I am a stickler for them having their facts right before I hand them $300. I'd drive without a license if that's what it took.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

email the governor of north carolina & ask for a pardon.
                  . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                  -mike
                  mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Send them a check for $300 dipped in anthrax.

-RBB

Comment

You could send them 30,000 pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Card Fan View Post
                        You could send them 30,000 pennies covered in horse manure.
                        fixed.
                        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                        -mike
                        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Kindly inform them that they have the responsibility to produce a copy of the citation, and if they choose not to you will be forced to hire a lawyer...at which point you will be filing a lawsuit to recover the damages from the municipality from which the citation exists, as well as personally from the person on the other line. Then ask them for their name.

Then remind them again that you're more than happy to pay for an outstanding citation should it exist, but you without them being able to provide proof that you'll be forced to proceed with legal action.
                          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                          X