Because I'm bored and feel like sharing this info: Brady Bunch Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I'm bored and feel like sharing this info: Brady Bunch Trivia

• 464 girls and boys were interviewed by producer Sherwood Schwartz to find the Brady kids.
    • In addition to the albums recorded by the Brady kids, there was an album featuring only Maureen McCormick and Christopher Knight. It was a commercial failure.
    • The Bradys' sliding glass door in the back of the house actually had neither glass nor a screen in it. It was simply put on the sliders with no glass so as to prevent glares from lighting.
    • On Florence Henderson's first day of work, the Brady production staff was too busy to take care of her makeup, so she was sent over to the adjoining studio, where she found herself seated in a makeup chair between William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, being made up for the day's work on "Star Trek" (1966). Henderson recalls neither actor spoke to her.
    • There are many references to a fictional place called "Mt. Claymore". This is where the Brady's went camping in one episode and it's mentioned many other times in the earlier seasons.
    • The theme song during the first season was performed by The Peppermint Trolley Company. In subsequent seasons, it was was sung by the Brady kids.
    • We saw the Brady's bathroom many times, but not once did we see a toilet. The popular joke was that the Bradys are so good, clean and wholesome that didn't even go to the bathroom. The truth is, they had intended putting a toilet in the bathroom, but the network censors wouldn't let them.
    • Sherwood Schwartz originally wanted Gene Hackman for the role of Mike Brady, but Hackman wasn't considered well-known enough at the time.
    • Tiger, the Bradys' dog, disappeared after the second season of the show. In reality, Tiger ran away and supposedly got hit by a car. The reason the dog house remained was because one of the studio lights fell and burned a hole in their beloved Astro-turf, so they moved the dog house to cover up the burn hole.
    • Gene Hackman and Joyce Bulifant were the original first choices for Mr. and Mrs. Brady.
    • Even though this show stayed on for five seasons, it never was a ratings hit. The highest it ever got was number 34 in the Nielsens, but stayed on the air due to its popularity among children.
    • The Brady kids attended Westdale High School, Filmore Junior High and Clinton Elementary School. However, in Episode 1.3, "Eenie, Meenie, Mommy Daddy", the name of Cindy's school is Dixie Canyon Elementary School (an actual elementary school in Studio City, California).
    • The Bradys' next door neighbors, the Ditmeyers, were talked about, but only Mr. Ditmeyer was seen on one occasion.
    • The girls originally had a cat named Fluffy, but it was only seen in the pilot. The cat was gone by the time the second episode aired.
    • Carol's last name from her previous marriage was Martin. Her maiden name was Tyler. This would make the girls' names (before the wedding): Jan Martin, Cindy Martin and Marcia Martin.
    • Even though Greg dated a lot, you never actually saw him kiss any of the girls he went out with. The only Brady kid to have a kissing scene was Bobby.
    • The Bradys all drove Chrysler Corporation vehicles (until the final season). Mike Brady drove a 1968 Dodge Polara convertible in the pilot; a 1969 Plymouth Fury III in years one and two; a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda convertible in year three; a 1972 Plymouth Barracuda convertible in year four (actually, a modified 1971 model), and a 1973 Chevrolet Caprice convertible in year five. Carol, on the other hand, drove only two vehicles: a 1970 Plymouth Satellite wagon, and a 1971 Plymouth Satellite wagon (which took the "bunch" on their infamous Grand Canyon trip). The vehicles were loaned to Paramount by the Chrysler Corporation for filming. Incidentally, the 1969 Plymouth Fury III convertible that "Mike Brady" drove was recently restored to showroom condition.
    • The house used for exterior shots, which was normally seen at the beginning of every episode as well as various points throughout the show's run, is at 11222 Dilling St., Studio City, California. Since the series ended, the owners of the home have erected an iron fence, let heavy shrubbery grow to cover much of the front, and have suffered numerous trespassers. They also refused to let producers use the home for exterior shots in the subsequent films in the 1990s.
    • The name of the Brady kids' singing group was the Brady Six. However, in one episode they temporarily changed it to the Silver Platters.
    • Because of difficulties with Robert Reed, Sherwood Schwartz considered the possibility of either hiring a new actor to play Mike Brady or killing off the character altogether, if the series were to be renewed for a sixth season. However, neither idea ever materialized since the show was canceled at the end of its fifth season.
    • Due to its marginal ratings, the show was never renewed for a whole season until its last season on the air (1973-74). During its first four seasons, it was only renewed for thirteen episodes at a time. Several members of the cast have admitted that when they finished filming thirteen episodes, there was always an air of apprehension while they waited to see if ABC would renew the program or not.
    • Robert Reed, who famously disliked his role as Mike Brady, claimed he only took the part because producer Sherwood Schwartz told him the show would be a serious, boundary-pushing look at modern family life.
    • The names of Mike's and Carol's previous spouses were never mentioned on the show. In fact, the only time a picture was shown of Mike's first wife was in the very first episode.
    • The Bradys lived at 4222 Clinton Way. Even though it was widely known that the show was set in the Los Angeles suburbs, the name of the town the Brady's lived in was never mentioned.
    • The character 'Mike Brady' was ranked #14 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" (20 June 2004 issue).
    • Sherwood Schwartz's technique for auditioning child actors was to set out a bunch of toys on his desk, then during the interview see if the child paid attention to him or was distracted by the toys. If the toys went unheeded, Schwartz knew the child had the concentration needed to work on a television series.
    • The name of Cindy's favorite doll was Kitty Carryall.
    • Was the first television series to be created and produced by Paramount Studios, which up until that time had been a movie studio exclusively. Earlier TV shows, such as "Star Trek" (1966) and "Bonanza" (1959) were acquired by Paramount when the studio purchased Desilu.
    • Barry Williams (Greg Brady) is the only Brady kid to appear in every episode.
    • The Lucille Ball film Yours, Mine and Ours (1968), with its similar theme, inspired ABC to finally green-light this series.
    • Sherwood Schwartz, creator of The Brady Bunch, wrote the lyrics to the unforgettable theme song.
    • Jeffrey Hunter lobbied Sherwood Schwartz for the role of Mike Brady.
    • The Brady Bunch had a total of five theme songs. A new one was recorded for each of the show's five seasons.
    • The major sponsors of the earlier episodes of "The Brady Bunch" were Cheerios and Mattel Toys.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

I had a crush on Eve Plumb (Jan).
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Alice liked Sam's meat.......

Comment

Gene Hackman sure did dodge a bullet.
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
          I had a crush on Eve Plumb (Jan).
          Me too.

Comment

I loved me some Peter Brady.

Comment

Hey kah, put that address in your Google Streetlevel maps thing

Comment

I didn't see fireworks after my first kiss.
                Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

I was more attracted to Cindy.

/Hep
                  Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

it was on Friday nights at seven.

damn i'm old.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

why was the thread title changed? Buncha commies

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                        why was the thread title changed? Buncha commies
                        We could have said you were gay but it was a decision that we felt was needed since you really don't do much work anyways.
                        Sponsor of:
                        Brian Elliott
                        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                          We could have said you were gay but it was a decision that we felt was needed since you really don't do much work anyways.
                          abuse of authority. Now I know why Steve never promoted you from Jr. Admin.

Comment

Street View

Comment

Best episode: Where Greg convinces Peter to wear a fake mustache to double date, and they get busted at the restaurant when Mr. Brady's Spanish client is disgusted by the PDA.
                              Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
                              Jesus is . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X