• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo. couple charged with putting kids in dryer

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...C?OpenDocument

Mo. couple charged with putting kids in dryer
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    04/15/2008

CAMDENTON, Mo. -- A Camden County couple was charged with child abuse for allegedly putting two children in a clothes dryer.

The Camden County Sheriff's Department accused Nicole Eberhart, 29, and her boyfriend, Stephen Ray Jr., 26, of placing Eberhart's two children -- 8 and 10 years old -- into the dryer.

The pair are each charged with two counts of felony child abuse, the sheriff's department said.

Ray is also accused of hitting the children. He was charged with violating his probation and is being held without bond. He has a first court date on the child abuse charges on Thursday.

Eberhart is being held on a $100,000 bond and is set to appear in court on April 24.

No word on where the two children have been placed.
    Make America Great For Once.

Did they turn the dryer on?
    If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

We do that too when we run out of clean towels. What's the big deal?
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
        Did they turn the dryer on?
        The story doesn't say, however those kids must have been scared out of their wits knowing that someone could turn it on at any time. That's just plain ignorant.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy View Post
          We do that too when we run out of clean towels. What's the big deal?

++

The author blatantly ignores whether or not the children were wet and whether there were towels in the house.

Irresponsible journalism.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
          -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I think every person with the surname Ray is a hoosier.
            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

That's where my parents live.

I had to check to see if I was in their dryer.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

This wouldn't have happened in Texas, and if it did, the parents would have rightfully been sentenced to death.

Moon

Comment

Why is everyone siding with the children? What if they were a couple of little assholes? What if they deserved to be put in the dryer?

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                    This wouldn't have happened in Texas, and if it did, the parents would have rightfully been sentenced to death.

Moon
                    After we rode them out of town on the back of a mule, children and old ladies spitting on their heads bowed in shame.

Comment

Why is everyone siding with the children? What if they were a couple of little assholes? What if they deserved to be put in the dryer?
                      Is that what Mom and Dad said to you?

Moon

Comment

This is an example of why A$$hole: How I Got Rich and Happy by Not Giving a Damn About Anyone and How You Can Too should be banned from elementary school libraries.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                          Is that what Mom and Dad said to you?

Moon
                          I'm not Jeffro.

Comment

Maybe one of them peed the bed. Maybe one of them didn't clean their plate. Maybe, just maybe, one of them didn't perform well in a youth sporting event. There are many reasons to put your kid in the dryer - it helps toughen the kid up (unless they are put in on the fluff cycle).

Comment

I'm not Jeffro.
                              Oh, his parents clearly don't care enough to engage in sadistic punishment. They merely drifted apart, leaving Jeffro on an ice floe of emotional isolation.

Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X