Daycare / Babysitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daycare / Babysitter

Ah what the hell, why not ask on the Lounge. We will be in need of a full time babysitter for a newborn starting around mid June. I already checked with Hepatitis Dispenser and he does not have any openings. Does anyone have any reputable leads on babysitting services anywhere from South County on up to the Westport area? Kirkwood, Webster, Brentwood, anywhere off Olive, even a little west of 270 would be OK.

Drop the kid off at Reggie's - he won't notice the extra mouth to feed.

Moon

Comment

No leads for you but some advice. Prepare yourself for a new big ass expense because it ain't cheap.

The system works against upper middle class working folk who have spouses that make too much money to stay home but not enough to where the cost isn't as painful. Life just ain't fair.

Comment

Paging Hep!!!
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I worry about this. We don't have any family in the area. How the hell do you find someone to leave your baby with?
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
            I worry about this. We don't have any family in the area. How the hell do you find someone to leave your baby with?
            Interview everyone very throughly, then get all police records just to back up your instincts, then do some final interviews.

PS: Get various references from other clients.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
              get references. we have the same problem and we asked our friends for recommendations.

we met two and picked one and she's been great for our daughter. but sadly we will have to find someone else this july. no biggie as it's time for her to move on to a 'group' type of environment to interact with other kids etc.

Comment

If you do a daycare be sure to do your standard internet search. I believe my wife was able to search with Child Protective Services to see if they had any incident reports. One of the places we were looking at was written up for leaving a child unattended in a vehicle. We didn't go with them.

One thing to remember. No matter what at some point your wife will panic and be convinced the babysitter/daycare is going to lose and/or injure your baby. She will have no basis in this assumption. Just standard new mother crazy.

Comment

I pay more for daycare than I do for my mortgage. I'm trying to decide which one of my kids has to be put down. Not as easy of a decision as one might think

Comment

Originally posted by Hepatitis Dispenser View Post
                    I pay more for daycare than I do for my mortgage. I'm trying to decide which one of my kids has to be put down. Not as easy of a decision as one might think
                    Dude, you haven't heard of white slavers? C'mon.
                    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Do the old 'think fast' pass w/ a basketball on the new babysitter. If she mishandles the throw think what she'll do to a kid.

Comment

Anybody have any idea what the approximate monthly cost of full time infant care might be? I too am joining the Sports Lounge baby boom in mid-June.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Card Fan View Post
                          Anybody have any idea what the approximate monthly cost of full time infant care might be? I too am joining the Sports Lounge baby boom in mid-June.
                          I was paying $25 a day for one and $40 a day for two at a private nanny, although that was all under the table so there was no tax deduction (actually a tax credit). We ended up having reliability issues with the nanny. Now both are in a professional daycare at $275 a week for the pair of them

Edit: this is in New Jersey, I imagine it's probably a little cheaper in the midwest

Comment

Originally posted by Hepatitis Dispenser View Post
                            Gentlemen - welcome to the world of the split decision.

With twins - daycare would have been in the neighborhood of a grand a month. Which is why the wife doesn't work.

Let me prepare you guys now - when the wife has to leave that baby and go to work the first time - she will be a mess.

Anyway - visit the daycare center often before you decide - pop in at random times - then do the same after you decide.

I've heard of family's with twins getting someone from out of the country to stay with them for room and board - not a consideration at my place because we have no room - but its another option for you fellows.

Good luck.
                            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
                              Anyway - visit the daycare center often before you decide - pop in at random times - then do the same after you decide.
                              That's what I did

Comment

Working...
                              X