Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train derails near downtown St. Louis

KSDK

A train derailed in St. Louis Saturday night, just south of downtown. It happened on a stretch of the terminal rail line, between the Purina headquarters and Busch Stadium.

Railroad officials say about nine rail cars filled with coal derailed. According to a report on ksdk.com, it happened just west of Al Hrabosky's Restaurant. Train cars came off the track about 7:00 p.m. Officials say no one was injured.

St. Louis police say no one was on board the train and there were no chemicals involved.

It's not clear what caused the derailment. In fact, over the past few hours, terminal railroad police have been assembling the equipment and crews necessary to begin dismantling this train derailment.

It was a close call for employees of the St. Louis Carriage Company. Their stable is located just west of Al Hrabosky's and backs up to the railroad tracks.

Ben Cutler lives in an apartment above the St. Louis Carriage Company stables. "A little bit before 7:00, heard a bunch of crashing noise, and I thought it was a train just stopping at first, until I looked out," Cutler said. "It's a mess."

"The track's elevated at a point just past Al Hrabosky's, so a little bit further down and it could have been a real big mess," Jennifer Holzum said. She's with the St. Louis Carriage Company. "So it's actually a good thing it happened here, and not down there."

The train derailment is south of Highway 40 and west of 7th Street. No word on how long it will take to clean up the mess.

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/309123.html

Too bad the name "Trainwreck Saloon" was already taken...It mirrors his broadcasting career.

Celtic??????????????
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

people go to Al's when there are not baseball games?
      Sponsor of:
      Brian Elliott
      Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
      5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Each piece of coal had to meet the 2 drink minimum before Hrabosky's would let the train proceed

Comment

Originally posted by Payforfun View Post
          Each piece of coal had to meet the 2 drink minimum before Hrabosky's would let the train proceed
          And pay in cash if the bar bill was less than $15.
          Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

any idea what the train was carrying? No chemicals and no passengers...

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi View Post
              any idea what the train was carrying? No chemicals and no passengers...
              Albert's jock.
              Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
                Albert's jock.
                I thought Yadi carries that with him on his person

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                  Celtic??????????????
                  I had nothing to do w/ this one. Now find me a marathon and I'll block that fucker in a New York minute.

Comment

From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

saw that on IG. wild.

Comment

Originally posted by ppg shg View Post
                        Ebert gives it 2 stars.

Ending did not match the anticipation.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                        -Barry Goldwater

Comment

The hell was going on there?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

this past weekend, the UP 844 steam locomotive hit and killed a lady who was standing WAY too close to the tracks in order to get good video or pictures. i think this is drone footage of it. no gore but you can definitely see her get hit and thrown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14xbsubeb2Y

Comment

Originally posted by bill s preston esq View Post
                              this past weekend, the UP 844 steam locomotive hit and killed a lady who was standing WAY too close to the tracks in order to get good video or pictures. i think this is drone footage of it. no gore but you can definitely see her get hit and thrown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14xbsubeb2Y
                              Darwin candidate.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Working...
                              X