Too Good to be true...the Sundance Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Good to be true...the Sundance Channel

is hosting and Elvis Costello talk/tunes show...

SKEET!!!!!11111

NEW YORK - Music giants Elvis Costello and Elton John are joining forces for a talk-and-tunes series to air on Sundance Channel.

"Spectacle: Elvis Costello With ..." will be a 13-week series on which Costello plays host to artists and other personalities for an hour of discussion and performance.

"This is a wonderful opportunity to talk in complete thoughts about music, movies, art or even vaudeville, then frame it with unique and illustrative performances," Costello said in a statement.

John, who also will appear, will be an executive producer of the series, which is scheduled to premiere in December. Production begins next week in New York. No guests were announced.

"Spectacle" is one of a slate of upcoming programs unveiled Wednesday by Sundance Channel.

Seven series are in development for 2009, including "Eco-Trip: The Real Cost of Living," which will examine the carbon footprint of items such as toilet paper, roses or a cup of coffee, tracing the "eco-story" behind each item from its origination to disposal.
    "Johnny Weir: Black Swan Rising" follows the three-time U.S. figure skating champion as he seeks to become the 2010 Olympic champ.

And "Toy Design" is a peek inside top-secret workshops where the next big toy is being invented.

In June, "Live From Abbey Road" is back with a new 12-part season of performances and interviews filmed at London's Abbey Road Studios.

In October, "Iconoclasts" returns for its fourth season of pairing creative innovators from different fields as they explore each other's world. The first episode will feature British mogul-adventurer Richard Branson and South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
    During the briefing, Sundance Channel president Larry Aidem passed along just-received news that his network had won a 2007 Peabody Award for its documentary series, "Nimrod Nation." But he declined to comment on recent reports that the network, a joint venture of NBC Universal and CBS, along with co-owner Robert Redford, is being put up for sale.

Aidem joked that NBC Universal and CBS are "the fourth mommy and daddy" Sundance has had since its founding.

"We are used to changes of ownership, and rumors of changes of ownership — it's happened before," Aidem said. "But this network operates quite autonomously from its parents. The one constant is Bob."
    Last edited by 007; 04-11-2008, 08:08 AM. Reason: format

SOunds pretty cool...a hybrid talk/music show.

Sundance channel...what is that? Is it readily available via satellite/cable? Anyone have it?
    Last edited by Indu WangZi; 04-11-2008, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I have it. It's a premium that comes with the HBOs and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsOnlyTheRiver View Post
        I have it. It's a premium that comes with the HBOs and all that.
        nice...let me know if the show is good...im sure youll watch it being a music fan

Comment

You had me at vaudeville.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
            You had me at vaudeville.
            you ol' soft shoe, you....

Comment

I love that channel. Check out Shameless and check out Iconoclasts.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
              -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                Not to mention they play a lot of independent films that are very good.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                  Branson and Desmond Tutu...gotta say that sounds pretty intriguing...

Looks like a great channel...not to mention they understand the greatness that is Elvis Costello.

Comment

I just watched Lorne Michels and Paul Simon....good stuff.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                    -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi View Post
                      is hosting and Elvis Costello talk/tunes show...
                      Never really got into his music but I might watch it to see what it is all about. Now one with Jimmy Buffett, then you would have me.

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane

Comment

Working...
                      X