Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Trade

Democrats seem to hate it.

They're holding out on a new deal with Colombia that will grow our exports to get Bush to approve more spending for bailing out more people who were stupid and bought more house then they could afford and lump the bill on the rest of us who were responsible.

Dumb and Dumber.

God...if you are real...please save us from ourselves.
    Last edited by TTB; 04-11-2008, 08:55 PM. Reason: fix spelling error
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Originally posted by TTB View Post

They're holding out on a new deal with Columbia that will grow our exports to get Bush to approve more spending for bailing out more people who were stupid and bought more house then they could afford and lump the bill on the rest of us who were responsible.

Dumb and Dumber.

++

And you know how I lean.
    Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

I wonder how much of this is anti Clinton / Penn backlash.

But that doesn't make sense either - since it was Penn who was for it even though Hillary doesn't want it.
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

But The Democrats!™
        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post

They're holding out on a new deal with Columbia that will grow our exports to get Bush to approve more spending for bailing out more people who were stupid and bought more house then they could afford and lump the bill on the rest of us who were responsible.

Dumb and Dumber.

The legislation that is being passed to deal with the mortgage crisis is not going to the dumbasses who bought more house than they can afford. It is going to homebuilders, lenders, and speculators who made stupid decisions.

If you're gonna start a 'But the Democrats!' rant, aim at the correct target, kay?

Moon
          Last edited by Moon Man; 04-10-2008, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
            The legislation that is being passed to deal with the mortgage crisis is not going to the dumbasses who bought more house than they can afford. It is going to homebuilders and lenders, and speculators who made stupid decisions.

If you're gonna start a 'But the Democrats!' rant, aim at the correct target, kay?

Moon

Comment

And Congress has finally grown a spine.

Anything the Bush Administration believes needs to be fast-tracked should be delayed on principle.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Slightly OT, how come Europe can make deals with China to get toxic-free toys but we can't?
                Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

CFTA is a bad deal, by the way.

Comment

I am opposed to a bailout in this housing crash. If bankruptcy court is insufficient, largely, that is a huge you problem.
                    Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Originally posted by raise View Post
                      I am opposed to a bailout in this housing crash. If bankruptcy court is insufficient, largely, that is a huge you problem.
                      Bailout Ben says "It's not a bailout!"

Comment

The legislation that is being passed to deal with the mortgage crisis is not going to the dumbasses who bought more house than they can afford. It is going to homebuilders, lenders, and speculators who made stupid decisions.

Moon

Oh, you know he doesn't know anything about what's going on other than the headline he read at the Drudge Report.
                        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Moon
                          The free trade block is dumb enough all on its own. This a no brainer with Colombia.

But...I've been hearing about potential bills that would help the over borrowers as well and one aspect that would allow bankruptcy judges determine home prices and interest rates. Holy shit...that is just fucking asinine.

I hate politicians....of both ilk actually but in this thread its only the Democrats being the idiots.

Besides..its only a 'But the Democrats' post when the thread is a blast at the Republicans...and then I post 'But the Democrats' do it too.
                          Last edited by TTB; 04-11-2008, 08:56 PM. Reason: fix Colombia
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd View Post
                            Slightly OT, how come Europe can make deals with China to get toxic-free toys but we can't?
                            their inspection is much more rigourous than the US. Trust me...I know this first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
                              And Congress has finally grown a spine.

Anything the Bush Administration believes needs to be fast-tracked should be delayed on principle.
                              Ok...to be fair that's probably a good thing in principle and if they had shown spine back in 2003 maybe things are different today but this one is bad as its good for us and they are just sitting on it.

This kind of thing makes me crazy and these senseless fights are only growing more prevalent.

One thing is sure ...I'll be glad when Bush is out. Either way.
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                              X