So, I'm Watching Jerry Springer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm Watching Jerry Springer...

...and they have this dude on stage without any legs. He's 'standing' on his hands next to some dude in a chair. The topic of the day was about something called Chicken 'Tails.' The sound was off, so I still don't know what this means.

Well, the legless dude (and by 'legless,' I mean he ain't got nothin'. No little stumpy nubbins that he can kind of walk on, or some webby duck foot sticking straight of his hip that just flaps there, but doesn't really do anything. Nothing. He even had his shirt tied in a knot under his torso, and it didn't even look like he had anything goin' on 'down there,' if you get my meaning). So, Torso Guy is 'standing' there, and he turns sideways and the back of his shirt says 'Security.' The dude is security for the Jerry Springer show! And he doesn't have legs!

Well, Jerry continues talking to this guy on stage who looks like Bud from Married with Children, and eventually, some other guy comes out on stage with a bleached mega mullett. Looked kinda like Swayze in Roadhouse. They commence to fighting, and Torso 'walks' forward and grabs a leg of the chair that Bud had been sitting in and pulls it out of the way so nobody falls over it, or uses it as a weapon. And that's it. He stands at the back of the stage with the chair while these rednecks fight over some chick (who appears onstage a bit later without shoes of course).

After commercial break, we get some chick (different one) in a chair, and Torso is right next to her, waiting for the opportunity to pull that chair out of the way. And right on cue, some other barefoot fat chick runs out on stage and a hair pulling cat fight ensues.

Oh, and that bald guy Steve, who used to be in charge of security, has his own show now!

Damn, but I do love my country.

Moon

I couldn't believe it when I saw JS was actually still on. I used to get such a kick out of his show back in the day (when I was 21 or so).

I bet someone on here has been "invited" to be on JS before.

Comment

Friend of mine once had an internship taking the calls that came in from people wanting to be on the show. He has stories.

Comment

I bet he does.

I remember seeing a family from STL on Jenny Jones one night and then seeing them at Target a couple weeks later. Very dysfunctional people.

Comment

I've been to a taping of Jenny Jones. Very disappointing. The show was about celebrity impersonators. The Madonna chick cussed repeatedly. I'm assuming her bit was cut from the final show.

Moon

Comment

Did I also mention that they had a puppet stage on the stage with a girl puppet in a poodle skirt, and a guy puppet dressed all in black, like he's a priest or something. Not sure what purpose they served.

Moon

Comment

Jerry Springer used to be the anchor man on WLWT in Cincinnati. A good friend of my wife's, Eileen Houston, worked with him at WLWT. She said Jerry was a good guy, and still is a little suprised that he turned out the be the tabloid show king. He seized an opportunity when it came up (when Oprah, Donahue, Jenney Jones and all of the clones started), and is going to ride it until he dies. And honestly, I have as much respect for him as I do Oprah.

Comment

Even tho I'm home all day I don't watch much tv at all.

Comment

Is what's scary is when you're watching that show and you recognize someone. That's happened to me twice... once a guy from college in the audience and another time a guy I knew from college on stage in a fight. I ran into him at a party afterwards and asked him about it and he said his story was all made up.
                  25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                  Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                    X