No announcement yet.

Suburban Journals -- Can you cancel it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suburban Journals -- Can you cancel it?

I'm sure the Suburban Journals is a fine publication (skippy wrote for it, so it has to be), but I don't want to read it and don't want it on my lawn all the damn time...

Can you cancel a free publication?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

++++++
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

no...but I did just save a bunch of money by switching to Gieco.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I never ordered it, don't want it, and have to pay to throw it away.
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
          no...but I did just save a bunch of money by switching to Gieco.
          Yeah? Well.....

Filatov is a midget, so there?

Comment

I delivered a free paper (delivered twice a week) when I was growing up and the only way to stop getting it was to subscribe to the daily version of the paper. Not sure if that would be the same or not.
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
              Yeah? Well.....

Filatov is a midget, so there?

Bigger than Calder leader and former #1 overall Patrick Kane.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Here's the trick. Wait for the asshole in the van to drive by chucking papers around...stop him...and ask him to not deliver yours anymore...that worked for me...I suppose you could call someone there & ask if you're too big of a pussy to fight your delivery boy if he gets uppity about you rejecting his deliveries...

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/contact_us/
                . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                -mike
                mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

I also wish they would stop. We get several free papers, and all of them just get thrown right into my recycle bin. I never even open them. Ever. It's nothing but a hassle and it's very wasteful.

Isn't it considered littering? They are basically just throwing trash in my lawn every morning. I never asked for the stupid paper. It's stupid.
                  To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

The papers for me are used to get my charcoals hot on my grill.
                    Sponsor of:
                    Brian Elliott
                    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                      I'm sure the Suburban Journals is a fine publication (skippy wrote for it, so it has to be), but I don't want to read it and don't want it on my lawn all the damn time...

Can you cancel a free publication?

i wish...

one of my neighbors had some goofy yard sign that basically said that the homeowners would consider it trespassing if whoever threw the PD/Journal on their lawn...something about unions/unfair labor...i have no idea how that worked out, but they never had newspapers in their yard...
                      Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker View Post
                        Here's the trick. Wait for the asshole in the van to drive by chucking papers around...stop him...and ask him to not deliver yours anymore...that worked for me...I suppose you could call someone there & ask if you're too big of a pussy to fight your delivery boy if he gets uppity about you rejecting his deliveries...

I asked the guy to stop delivering mine and he did with no questions asked.

I stopped all newspapaer deliveries. Much easier to go on line. Even the SJ's are on line. Sure saves on trash.
                        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker View Post

The problem is I'm never around to fight the paperboy...it's always on the driveway

Comment

The lesbians next door have been littering my driveway with cigarette butts, so I've been tossing my suburban journals into their yard.
                            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

314-821-1110

I just called this number and they cancelled it.

I was on hold for about 5-10 minutes and the got an old lady who could barely hear me... but whatever, it worked.

Thanks for reminding me to do this.
                              To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

Working...
                              X