Why I hate the NCAA - Ok St to offer 3.5 mil to Self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate the NCAA - Ok St to offer 3.5 mil to Self

The NCAA which has to translate to Pimps R Us looks the other way when one university offers a huge contract to a coach with an existing contract - yet let a kid eat to big of a breakfast for free and they ream the kids ass out.

I'm going to have to give up college sports. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

He will eventually coach there but not yet.

KU will take care of him.
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Money notwithstanding, he'd be foolish to leave KU - alma mater or no alma mater.
      "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

If he takes it Kansas will just bring in another championship caliber coach. Just one more team that is going to pound Mizzou every year.

Comment

and if Self rejects it, they are rumored to be going after Billy Gillespie at Kentucky next.
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

The NCAA: where contracts don't really exist

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
            Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
            -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
              Damn - don't they make enough money -

Cant they just let the kids do some charity work or something?

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

The NFL: where contracts don't really exist
                ftfy
                Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
                Jesus is . . .

Comment

MLB: Where stupid contracts are given.
                  Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
                    The NCAA which has to translate to Pimps R Us looks the other way when one university offers a huge contract to a coach with an existing contract - yet let a kid eat to big of a breakfast for free and they ream the kids ass out.

I'm going to have to give up college sports. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.
                    A few things:
                    1) The coach is an employee, the athlete is a student.
                    2) KU can take legal action if Self decides to break his current contract unless the contract has an "out" clause.

I don't think it's hypocritical at all. The NCAA does not have any say in the hiring or firing of school employees. In fact, Indiana could have kept Sampson as their head coach and the NCAA wouldn't give two shits about it.

Comment

The ultimate bargaining chip: a championship season.
                      "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by drobny23 View Post
                        ftfy
                        I probably should've included the word coaches somewhere in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                          MLB: Where stupid contracts are given.
                          Stupid contracts and what essentially amounts to flimsy, documented agreements aren't really the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                            A few things:
                            2) KU can take legal action if Self decides to break his current contract unless the contract has an "out" clause.

I don't think it's hypocritical at all. The NCAA does not have any say in the hiring or firing of school employees. In fact, Indiana could have kept Sampson as their head coach and the NCAA wouldn't give two shits about it.
                            But...Indiana show good faith in canning Sampson, and demonstrates to the NCAA that they've taken the situation seriously, thus shooing them off their backs now and maybe for the future. Smart, no-brainer move.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                              A few things:

I hear you - but the multiple rules they put on athletes making a dime because they claim it's "student -athletes" and education is the prevaling factor - and the way they jerk their heads when you point out the coach has no academic value what so ever makes it hypocritical.

Athletes - education
                              Coach of those athletes - Strickly business.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                              X