Derby Watch 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby Watch 08

The main preps exception for the Bluegrass Stakes are in, who do you guys like?

Is this TEH BANE?!?!?!
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Stoogies!

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

If there's a horse named Hunglikea, I'm for him.
        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

..ah Yes Bane came back, and he had to get his horse racing here to, the other paceadvantage.com

Comment

Bane, dude, where ya been? And where are ya now? They need a horse person like you over in the thread at Bernie's.

It's a one horse race right now and that's Big Brown. Impressive Florida Derby win given the pace he set and the only horse in any prep to run a Beyer over 100 this year. Big questions are: will his feet hold up and can he rate?

War Pass is a fraud, and Zito shouldn't run him in the Derby, but he will. Pyro's races have been visually impressive but his times are Giacomo-like slow. I'm guessing both the Wood and the Illinois Derby were sub 100 Beyer figs, making this one of the all time worst group of 3 year olds to come to the Derby in a while. Maybe the Bluegrass, Lexington or Ark Derby will have someone jump up and run a big race, but I'm having a hard time seeing that happen. It's Big Brown's to lose. Otherwise, anybody could win it.
            June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
              If there's a horse named Hunglikea, I'm for him.
              I've always wanted to see someone try and get a name like that past the Jockey Club naming committee. About five or ten years ago, there was a horse that ran in NY named Bodacious Tatas. Don't know how that one slipped through but it did, and the horse was good.

I've always wanted to name one Pinhead's Ride out of the profound respect I have for most of the jockey colony.

Comment

trouble in turn 3!

Oh wait, wrong sport
                Sponsor of:
                Brian Elliott
                Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
                  Bane, dude, where ya been? And where are ya now? They need a horse person like you over in the thread at Bernie's.

It's a one horse race right now and that's Big Brown. Impressive Florida Derby win given the pace he set and the only horse in any prep to run a Beyer over 100 this year. Big questions are: will his feet hold up and can he rate?

War Pass is a fraud, and Zito shouldn't run him in the Derby, but he will. Pyro's races have been visually impressive but his times are Giacomo-like slow. I'm guessing both the Wood and the Illinois Derby were sub 100 Beyer figs, making this one of the all time worst group of 3 year olds to come to the Derby in a while. Maybe the Bluegrass, Lexington or Ark Derby will have someone jump up and run a big race, but I'm having a hard time seeing that happen. It's Big Brown's to lose. Otherwise, anybody could win it.
                  I agree 100%! Big Brown is the only one out of this lack luster crop that I think can win the derby by talent and not on racing luck.

Col. John is the only horse that made me say WOW. That late rush was awesome but three things throw him out for me:
                  1. Not to many race on of their top 3 year old performances just prior to the Derby. Remember people you are looking for the horse to peak on The First Saturday of May.
                  2. Santa Anita is still cushion track (thank god for a lil while) and it is similar to turf. Unlike Churchill's dirt track which leads to the final problem.
                  3. Churchill is speed favoring and will have at east a 20 horse field. That will hurt Col John due to his running style.
                  I'll still play him in exotics though.

War Pass.... is to immature, lets see what happens to him in late of the year. Plus he might just need to stay at miles.

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
                    I've always wanted to see someone try and get a name like that past the Jockey Club naming committee. About five or ten years ago, there was a horse that ran in NY named Bodacious Tatas. Don't know how that one slipped through but it did, and the horse was good.

I've always wanted to name one Pinhead's Ride out of the profound respect I have for most of the jockey colony.
                    ..Sex Machine (Aus) best one I have seen.

Comment

I didn't see the SA Derby but the previous times of the horses in that race were slow, slow, slow. Polytrack also is goofy in that races over it tend to be run like European turf races.

I'll ask Randy about the SA Derby and see what the Beyers were for all of the preps this weekend. Don't expect much.

Comment

All prep videos are on the front page at www.bloodhorse.com

Comment

No need to worry about War Pass. Out due to a leg injury.
                          Sponsor of:
                          Brian Elliott
                          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
                            No need to worry about War Pass. Out due to a leg injury.
                            He was overrated anyway.

Comment

I predict a large four legged mammal carring a midget will win the derby.

Comment

Working...
                              X