75 Years Ago Today - One we can all agree on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Years Ago Today - One we can all agree on

Prohibition was repealed 75 years ago today. This should be a national holiday. It was one of the greatest moments in the history of our country. To celebrate, I brewed 25 gallons of beer yesterday and began drinking at 10:30 in the morning. I'm paying for it now, but I am a patriot.

The Cardinals were making it like it was the 75 anniv of the clydesdales at the ballgame yesterday. Maybe it is?
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

/me refrains from posting funneh pic
      Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Guppy View Post
        The Cardinals were making it like it was the 75 anniv of the clydesdales at the ballgame yesterday. Maybe it is?
        Yep. The clydesdales were first used to bring out/deliver the first post-prohibition batch of beer...

You knew that tho, right?
        Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
          Yep. The clydesdales were first used to bring out/deliver the first post-prohibition batch of beer...

You knew that tho, right?
          I knew that because the Cardinals gave me a poster at the game yesterday that said so.

Sponsor of:
          Brian Elliott

Comment

I knew that because the Cardinals gave me a poster at the game yesterday that said so.

Cool Poster...If you actually go on the brewery tour and not just sneak in to the tasting room, they tell you that...

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
              Cool Poster...If you actually go on the brewery tour and not just sneak in to the tasting room, they tell you that...
              I have been on the tour many times but that is something that did not stick in my head. I was probably dizzy from the smell of the place.
              Sponsor of:
              Brian Elliott

Comment

I have been on the tour many times but that is something that did not stick in my head. I was probably dizzy from the smell of the place.
                Or too many pitchers of margaritas...

Comment

I wasn't handed that poster, 'dem bastards...

Oh well -- a glorious day indeed

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

So we all can agree on this...hmmmm?

I'm just being a smartalic

Comment

Originally posted by AWSmith98 View Post
                      So we all can agree on this...hmmmm?

I'm just being a smartalic
                      Anyone that has not been brainwashed by double talk....yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        Prohibition was repealed 75 years ago today. This should be a national holiday. It was one of the greatest moments in the history of our country. To celebrate, I brewed 25 gallons of beer yesterday and began drinking at 10:30 in the morning. I'm paying for it now, but I am a patriot.

Yay, BEER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          Anyone that has not been brainwashed by double talk....yes.

Comment

I didn't get that poster.

Mother f-ers.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                            -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I'm pretty much a libertarian, so I'm not much into prohibition.

However, just for the sake of discussion, and just because one of my best friends was an alcoholic who died much too young, I wonder how many lives might have been saved had they been able to make prohibition stick. They couldn't, of course -- people like to be free to make their own choices -- but I can understand the feeling behind it. Seemed a little ironical to see the Clydesdales and the Bud p.r. people trying to turn this into a national holiday, since it hasn't even been a year since our relief pitcher got drunk and got killed, and a little more than a year since our manager was arrested for DUI.

I guess I'm sort of saying I find it a little unseemly that the Budweiser marketing people have decided to turn this into another St. Patrick's Day.
                              "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X