Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tkachuk nets #500

Congrats KT!!

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Keith Tkachuk took the shot from beyond centre ice toward an empty net. One "lucky bounce" later, his entire team was swarming him.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=233687&hubname=nhl
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Hell of a career for Walt...congrats!

Now retire.
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Of course, it's not playoff time, if it were he would have to wait until next year.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Why does Walt get such a bad rap anymore? It's an honest question. I'll be the first to say that I don't know nearly as much about hockey as I do about most other sports that I follow. Is it just because he isn't as good as he used to be? Just wondering.
        Official Lounge Sponsor
        Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
          Why does Walt get such a bad rap anymore? It's an honest question. I'll be the first to say that I don't know nearly as much about hockey as I do about most other sports that I follow. Is it just because he isn't as good as he used to be? Just wondering.
          Yes. He has looked positively awful most of this season. Not nearly the threat in front of the net he used to be. Can't stay on his skates half the time. Seems to get bodied off the puck a lot easier than in the past.

It's obvious he's lost more than a step this season. I don't expect him to be better next season either.

But - I know he's not retiring, so we're stuck with him one more season...

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
            Yes. He has looked positively awful most of this season. Not nearly the threat in front of the net he used to be. Can't stay on his skates half the time. Seems to get bodied off the puck a lot easier than in the past.

It's obvious he's lost more than a step this season. I don't expect him to be better next season either.

But - I know he's not retiring, so we're stuck with him one more season...
            ++

It's beyond me how he managed to get 27 goals this year. But still, his fervent supporters will point to that as why we need him back next year. Forget that he's a defensive liability, can't stay onside because he's lazy, can't carry the puck, can't pass the puck, etc etc. He wins faceoffs at a semi-respectable clip though, so that's another thing in his corner.

I wish he wasn't signed through next year, it will be sad to see him deteriorate further. I'll bet he doesn't nab 20 goals.

Heck, it was sad to watch him this year.
            Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
            "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
              can't stay onside because he's lazy
              ++

Can't believe I forgot that. If they kept stats on number of times you caused an offsides, he would run away with that category. No one else would even be close.

Comment

It's amazing to me that he got 27 goals. I can't stand watching him play anymore.

Comment

I believe I said at the beginning of the season that I'd eat dog food for a day if he got to 30 goals. Came a lot closer than I'd hoped, all in all.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Keith Tkachuk might be the slowest forward in the NHL.

That's not an exaggeration.

Before he could at least keep up with the play...now he's just awful. He really needs to retire, but I've got a feeling he'll hang around and try to get to 600 goals, which will probably not happen until 11-12 at the earliest.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Stupid question: is anybody with 500 not in the HOF?

Comment

During this free trial of the NHL channel, they had a special on the 10 best power forwards of the 90s and watching Tkachuk's highlight reel was really eye-opening. He used to be able to really skate.

I know it's tough to judge a player with a collection of highlights, but still, he looked like a completely different person.
                        To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Comment

He was a real hardass with Winnipeg.

Also, he played for Winnipeg. How many of those guys are left? Selanne?

Comment

There are those that say he disappears come playoff time. He has 56 pts. in 85 post season games, is that disappearing?

Mr. G

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                              He was a real hardass with Winnipeg.

Also, he played for Winnipeg. How many of those guys are left? Selanne?
                              Quite a few, actually. Selanne, Tkahcuk, Kilger, Barnes, Numminen, Drake, Khabibulin, Doan as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X