Divorce, abortion an offence to God, pope says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce, abortion an offence to God, pope says

Divorce and abortion are offences in the sight of God, Pope Benedict XVI charged Saturday, while calling on the Catholic Church to be merciful to those who had experienced such events.

"The ethical judgement of the Church on divorce and abortion is clear and well-known," he told participants in a Catholic congress on marriage and the family.
    "They are serious offences... which violate human dignity, inflict deep injustice on human and social relations and offend God himself, guarantor of conjugal peace and origin of life," he said.
    However he added that there were people who had committed such "errors" but "suffered from wounds to the soul" and "sought peace."
    "The Church has the duty to be close to these people with love and delicacy," the pope added.
    "Divorce and abortion are choices... which sometimes develop in difficult and dramatic circumstances... and are a source of profound suffering for those who take such decisions. "They also affect innocent victims, the barely-conceived and unborn infant, the children caught up in divorces."
    Link

But hey, if you take some classes, donate some money, repeat often (the money part) then it's all good, that marriage in they eyes of god never happened.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Sunuvanun is the Pope?

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
      Link

But hey, if you take some classes, donate some money, repeat often (the money part) then it's all good, that marriage in they eyes of god never happened.
      The church is against divorce and abortion? Really? I'm shocked.

While I lost my faith a long time ago I still remember my training from hours of Catechism. It is pretty clear the whole foregiveness thing is free, you just have to be honest.

As for money my mother and grandmoter are still regulars so I can say based on their experiences cash has never been an issue. I think they both drop $5 in the hat each Sunday. Many people don't give anything.

I think you are thinking of those Evangelicals you admire so much. Those Mega-Churches aren't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
        The church is against divorce and abortion? Really? I'm shocked.

While I lost my faith a long time ago I still remember my training from hours of Catechism. It is pretty clear the whole foregiveness thing is free, you just have to be honest.

As for money my mother and grandmoter are still regulars so I can say based on their experiences cash has never been an issue. I think they both drop $5 in the hat each Sunday. Many people don't give anything.

I think you are thinking of those Evangelicals you admire so much. Those Mega-Churches aren't cheap.
        Umm I was talking about buying an annulment from "the church"
        It's not such a bad thing as long as THEY say it's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
          Umm I was talking about buying an annulment from "the church"
          It's not such a bad thing as long as THEY say it's not a bad thing.
          That is one of my problems with the church. One side of the face says it is wrong to split what God has joined, the other says well if you pay enough then it is ok. It used to be damn hard to get a marriage annulled, now it takes less than a year.

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke View Post
            That is one of my problems with the church. One side of the face says it is wrong to split what God has joined, the other says well if you pay enough then it is ok. It used to be damn hard to get a marriage annulled, now it takes less than a year.
            ++

Comment

Fuck Benedict. He's never been laid, let alone married!

They say the 1st year of marriage is the toughest, well, My anniv. is in 2 weeks, and things are finally getting much better.

I never considered a divorce, (she might have... ) but sometimes certain people just aren't meant to be married to each other.

If I hadn't known my wife for half of my life it probably would've been over, I'm sure. It's been quite an adjustment...for me.

Comment

Did he have any thoughts re: the eating is not cheating argument?
                If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Working...
                X