GDT Cards 4 - 1 vs Nats 3 - 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT Cards 4 - 1 vs Nats 3 - 2

Lets sweep - doing this from work so I apologize for the shortness.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

who's pitching today? Lohse?
    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Yeah.

Comment

Lohse, Cards seek sweep of Nationals
        04/05/2008 6:05 PM ETBy Nate Latsch / Special to MLB.com

The Cardinals are off to their best start since 2000, when they began the season 7-1, and will try to close out the six-game homestand on Sunday with a three-game sweep against the Nationals at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals got a 5-4 win on Saturday as right-hander Adam Wainwright allowed two runs over eight innings and the lineup scratched out five runs with two outs. It was the fourth consecutive win for St. Louis.
        "I think it's a pretty good sign for our team that we started out as hot as we did," Wainwright said. "I don't even think it is hot. I think we're a good team. I think we're going to play tough all year and we're going to play aggressive. There are going to be guys with tons of energy out there bringing good at-bats to the table and pitching well. I think we're a pretty good team. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people."
        Every St. Louis starter had a hit in Saturday's game with the exception of Albert Pujols. The first baseman went hitless in four at- bats and dropped his average to .400. Catcher Yadier Molina had two hits to raise his average to .333. Center fielder Rick Ankiel is hitting .316 and leads the Cards with his two home runs and four RBIs. Molina also has four RBIs.
        After Sunday's game, the Cardinals travel to Houston for a three-game series and then San Francisco for three games next weekend.
        Pitching matchup
        STL: RHP Kyle Lohse (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
        Lohse pitched five shutout innings against the Rockies in his Cardinals debut. He allowed three hits, struck out three batters and also walked three. He threw 74 pitches, with 42 for strikes. Lohse did not fare well against Washington last year, allowing 15 earned runs in 16 2/3 innings over five outings while pitching for the Reds and the Phillies.
        WSH: LHP John Lannan (0-0, -.-- ERA)
        Lannan was recalled to face the Cardinals on Sunday at Busch Stadium after closer Chad Cordero went on the disabled list on Friday night. The Nationals needed a fifth starter because they didn't want right-hander Tim Redding to throw on short rest. Lannan was the Nationals' best pitcher during Spring Training, going 2-0 with a 2.18 ERA in five games. He was the Nationals' Minor League pitcher of the year in 2007.
        Tidbits
        The Cardinals were 29-27 in games started by opposing left-handers in 2007. After beating Washington on Friday night and Saturday afternoon, the Cardinals are 2-0 in games started by opposing lefties in '08. ... St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said after Saturday's game that left fielder Chris Duncan would probably only be available off the bench on Sunday. Duncan drew a walk as a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning on Saturday. ... None of the Cardinals' hitters have faced Lannan in the Majors.
        Tickets
        Buy tickets now to catch the game in person.
        On the Internet
        MLB.TV
        Gameday Audio
        Gameday
        Official game notes
        On television
        • KSDK 5
        On radio
        • KTRS 550
        Up next
        • Monday: Cardinals (Todd Wellemeyer, 1-0, 1.80) at Astros (Wandy Rodriguez, 0-0, 7.20), 6:05 p.m. CT
        • Tuesday: Cardinals (Brad Thompson, 1-0, 0.00) at Astros (Shawn Chacon, 0-0, 3.00), 7:05 p.m. CT
        • Wednesday: Cardinals (Braden Looper, 1-0, 1.50) at Astros (Chris Sampson, 0-0, 2.70), 7:05 p.m. CT

Comment

Yes...
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I hope Lohse can be economical. I think the bp needs more rest.

Comment

LHP we've never seen before...this should go well.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                LHP we've never seen before...this should go well.
                yeah. maybe we have enough new guys to start a different tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                  I hope Lohse can be economical. I think the bp needs more rest.
                  8 innings from Wainer sure did help yesterday though.

But I wouldn't complain about a good 6 or 7 out of Lohse today. I would assume just about everyone would be available today outside of maybe Reyes since I doubt they want to throw him back to back days.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor
                  Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Barton's leading off again. yippee!

Comment

Barton's leading off again. yippee!
                      Make your predictions here.

How many times will Barton's helmet fall off today?

Mine: 3 hits, 3 helmet losses.

Comment

when the helmet comes off it means you're hustling. (or your helmet doesn't fit right because of all your hair. or both.)

I'll agree with 3 for today.

Comment

same lineup as yesterday

Comment

same lineup as yesterday
                            that's unpossible

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Are we in 1st place yet?

I'm happy to see that TLR has his squad righted after the OD rainout, opening night loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X