Nascar Crash Texas Qualifying April 4 2008 Michael McDowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Crash Texas Qualifying April 4 2008 Michael McDowell

WOW, walked away qualified and made the race.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

That was like 8 flips, I saw it on ESPN like 4 times this morning.

Proves two things:
    1- going 150+ MPH and crashing is a crap load of inertia
    2- NASCAR is doing an exceptional job keeping their drivers safe

Two cars colliding head on, each going 75MPH would pulverize everything inside, yet this guy walks out and doesn't even ask for Asprin.
    25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
    Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

softer walls, and seatbelts out the ass.

Comment

Seven years ago, we'd have a funeral this week. Earnhardt dying has saved a number of lives. It's a shame that Adam Petty's, Kenny Irwin's, and Tony Roper's deaths didn't light the fire under NASCAR earlier...
        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
          Seven years ago, we'd have a funeral this week. Earnhardt dying has saved a number of lives. It's a shame that Adam Petty's, Kenny Irwin's, and Tony Roper's deaths didn't light the fire under NASCAR earlier...

Earnhardt was king of the chess board, everyone else, pawns.

Nevermind that Adam Petty was the first 4th Gen. driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
            Earnhardt was king of the chess board, everyone else, pawns.

Nevermind that Adam Petty was the first 4th Gen. driver.
            Petty was also America's first fourth-generation athlete.

(Note: If Tiger Woods as a golfer can continually be considered the top athlete in the world, racecar drivers are athletes.)

Comment

that's the first i saw that, but def glad he walked away from it. wonder how long his bruises will last?

Comment

The local sports radio station was broadcasting live from the Speedway yesterday and watched that happen live right in front of them...they were in the middle of talking about something else and one of the hosts just stopped and said "Holy crap!"

On another note, I heard Tony Stewart say they've almost made NASCAR too safe...his fear is that some of the drivers are going to start getting more ballsy because they are not as afraid of getting hurt or killed now...
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
                  The local sports radio station was broadcasting live from the Speedway yesterday and watched that happen live right in front of them...they were in the middle of talking about something else and one of the hosts just stopped and said "Holy crap!"

On another note, I heard Tony Stewart say they've almost made NASCAR too safe...his fear is that some of the drivers are going to start getting more ballsy because they are not as afraid of getting hurt or killed now...
                  One, that's amazing they were able to broadcast since PRN and NASCAR have full broadcast rights and usually move heaven and earth to ensure no one broadcasts during qualifying, practice or the race.

And two, I think Tony's absolutely right. In the past, racing was always tempered with respect and just enough fear to keep you honest. And with the new engine spacer that NASCAR has mandated that sucks some of the HP out in the Nationwide Series and gives drivers the feeling they're Superman. Granted, NASCAR had to do this and should be congratulated for doing it, but the senior drivers should be there to mentor the young drivers and teach them respect for the cars and the tracks.

Comment

One, that's amazing they were able to broadcast since PRN and NASCAR have full broadcast rights and usually move heaven and earth to ensure no one broadcasts during qualifying, practice or the race.

And two, I think Tony's absolutely right. In the past, racing was always tempered with respect and just enough fear to keep you honest. And with the new engine spacer that NASCAR has mandated that sucks some of the HP out in the Nationwide Series and gives drivers the feeling they're Superman. Granted, NASCAR had to do this and should be congratulated for doing it, but the senior drivers should be there to mentor the young drivers and teach them respect for the cars and the tracks.

I wish they would get rid of the spacers, let them have all the power they can make.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                      I wish they would get rid of the spacers, let them have all the power they can make.
                      The reason for the spacer is so the Nationwide cars aren't faster than the Cup cars. They don't want the big show being upstaged by the opening act.

Comment

Wow...that was a hell of a crash.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

The reason for the spacer is so the Nationwide cars aren't faster than the Cup cars. They don't want the big show being upstaged by the opening act.

++

I wish they'd shitcan the restrictor plate. Make the motor less powerful, if you must, but make the racing smarter & safer.

The "Plate" always sets up the drivers for the big crash.

Comment

Working...
                          X