Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the government really considering giving tax breaks to robber barons who purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the government really considering giving tax breaks to robber barons who purchase

Foreclosed properties.

Isn't that robbing the poor to give to the rich.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Under Bush do you expect any less?
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

You guys crack me up. Seriously.

I don't know what is sillier, calling people who buy foreclosed properties "robber barons", or blaming that on Bush.

Comment

What? You don't like stimulating the economy?

Comment

Time someone blamed something on Bush: 3:25 Pacific
          Time Airshark swept in to insist that anything economic couldn't possibly be Bush's fault: 3:27
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
            Time someone blamed something on Bush: 3:25 Pacific
            Time Airshark swept in to insist that anything economic couldn't possibly be Bush's fault: 3:27
            Where did I say that, Kah?

Comment

foreclosed homes that are not bought can bring down property values in a neighborhood. In many neighborhoods they will become vandalized and eye sores for a community. They need to be bought!

Comment

Originally posted by jusse View Post
                foreclosed homes that are not bought can bring down property values in a neighborhood. In many neighborhoods they will become vandalized and eye sores for a community. They need to be bought!
                +++

Although I hope they're not turned into Section VIII housing. For if they are, the result will be the same.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

No. I wouldn't refer to buying a vacant home as robbing the poor.
                  25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                  Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by jusse View Post
                    True, but the government shouldn't be bailing out the speculators.

Also, I think Schwa may be confusing property purchasers. Those who buy foreclosed homes are not the same as the property tax purchasers.
                    Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

People who buy foreclosed homes are HOME BUYERS. The government uses the tax code to encourage HOME BUYING. Absolutely nothing wrong with that - at least as long as it's OK with you that the government uses the tax code as any kind of instrument of social control at all. I can sympathize with those who think that ALL "tax breaks" are inherently wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                        People who buy foreclosed homes in which they will reside are HOME BUYERS. The government uses the tax code to encourage HOME BUYING. Absolutely nothing wrong with that - at least as long as it's OK with you that the government uses the tax code as any kind of instrument of social control at all. I can sympathize with those who think that ALL "tax breaks" are inherently wrong.
                        Fixed.

Others are investors, not that there is anything wrong with that. What I don't get are the government bailouts of some investors, but not others.
                        Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                          I can sympathize with those who think that ALL "tax breaks" are inherently wrong.
                          That's obviously not one you're too strict aboot if you've been voting Republican all these years.
                          Damn these electric sex pants!

26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

Comment

Okay - maybe I got the premise wrong.

Is the tax break going to people who occupy the homes?
                            Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                            God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by dredbyrd View Post
                              That's obviously not one you're too strict aboot if you've been voting Republican all these years.
                              I claim you don't understand what some of the current tax breaks are really about and where the money comes from and goes to if you can make that statement.

I'd personally be fine with no deductions at all and lower rates. That would, of course, be a super-boon to the rich, so it's not going to happen. And of course, the gubmint loses its #1 instrument of social control.

Comment

Working...
                              X