Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here fly ATA? They have shut down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here fly ATA? They have shut down.

ATA AIRLINES DISCONTINUES ALL OPERATIONS

After filing for Chapter 11 on April 2, 2008 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Indianapolis, IN, ATA Airlines has discontinued all operations and cancelled all current and future flights. Following the loss of a key contract for our military charter business, it became impossible for ATA to continue operations. Unfortunately, we were not in a position to provide our customers or others with advance notice.
    We apologize for the disruption caused by the sudden shutdown of ATA and regret the impact on passengers, employees, suppliers, and other parties. ATA customers should seek alternative arrangements for current and future travel. A list of other airlines serving ATA’s destinations is available here.
    ATA customers who purchased tickets using a credit card should contact their credit card company or travel agency directly for information about how to obtain a refund for unused tickets.
    ATA currently is unable to provide refunds to customers who purchased tickets directly from ATA with cash or a check. These customers may be able to obtain a full or partial refund for their unused tickets by submitting a claim in ATA’s Chapter 11 proceedings. Information about submitting a claim will be available at the following website: http://www.bmcgroup.com/ataairlines.
    Customers who purchased tickets from Southwest Airlines for flights operated by ATA under the codeshare agreement should contact Southwest Airlines directly at (800) 308-5037. Southwest has implemented a plan to take care of all customers who purchased a ticket on Southwest and are scheduled to travel on ATA service by rebooking them on a new itinerary, or offering a full refund for any unused portion of a ticket. For further information, click here.
    Additional information is available at the following links:

http://www.ata.com/

Should've been done Tuesday...

Flew on that airline to Hawai'i...planes were dumpy as hell and the service was horrid...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I loved their partinership with Southwest. It let me fly out of DCA to St. Louis (via Chicago), but sometimes better than going to BWI
      Billikens.com

Comment

Holy Shit. That's a huge hit for Chicago Midway.

Comment

Originally posted by chazzz View Post
          Holy Shit. That's a huge hit for Chicago Midway.

Speaking of Midway...There's a bar near the airport called "The Landing Strip"; Always makes me think that it's a titty bar, rather than a sports bar.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
            Flew on that airline to Hawai'i...planes were dumpy as hell and the service was horrid...
            Same here. Had I known you were stuck on the same thing, I would have warned you.

Layover in Phoenix? Did your luggage make it the entire trip back?

Did you buy your pillow and blanket for that 5 hour flight?
            Feb. 08, 2005
            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
            Originally posted by Airshark
            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
              Same here. Had I known you were stuck on the same thing, I would have warned you.

Layover in Phoenix? Did your luggage make it the entire trip back?

Did you buy your pillow and blanket for that 5 hour flight?
              On the way, we had one in Vegas; on the way back, Phoenix...

We didn't buy a thing on the way because I didn't trust the way they accepted payment, but on the way back I was so damn tired that I had to buy a pillow...unfortunately, we had a kid cry for three and half hours of the five hour flight back to the mainland...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

For a second, I thought this was old news about Aloha. Two airlines fold in a week?
                Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                  On the way, we had one in Vegas; on the way back, Phoenix...

We didn't buy a thing on the way because I didn't trust the way they accepted payment, but on the way back I was so damn tired that I had to buy a pillow...unfortunately, we had a kid cry for three and half hours of the five hour flight back to the mainland...
                  We drank on the way over, but that was all. I thought everything about the airline was on the "shady" side of things. I bought a pillow and blanket while I was on the island. I was glad I had it for the way back. I gave my Uncle the pillow and kept the blanket. They lost our luggage in Phoenix. It eventually arrived, but it was 7 hours after we did.
                  Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

My guess is that these airlines shutting down has more to due with the potential for their fleet of aircraft to be grounded because they were deemed unairworthy by the FAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
                      We drank on the way over, but that was all. I thought everything about the airline was on the "shady" side of things. I bought a pillow and blanket while I was on the island. I was glad I had it for the way back. I gave my Uncle the pillow and kept the blanket. They lost our luggage in Phoenix. It eventually arrived, but it was 7 hours after we did.
                      Did you check the pillow/blanket with luminol/UV light?

Long flight to Hawaii...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                        Speaking of Midway...There's a bar near the airport called "The Landing Strip"; Always makes me think that it's a titty bar, rather than a sports bar.
                        I love their radio commercial... "The Landing Strip is a great sports bar with 7 TV's!!!" or something like that. 7?
                        Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post
                          Did you check the pillow/blanket with luminol/UV light?

Long flight to Hawaii...

I didn't have a pillow or blanket on the way over there (day time flight) - and I bought brand new ones from Wal-Mart for the trip back (red-eye).
                          Feb. 08, 2005

Forever

Comment

Originally posted by SluSignGuy View Post
                            I loved their partinership with Southwest. It let me fly out of DCA to St. Louis (via Chicago), but sometimes better than going to BWI
                            Only did the Southwest/ATA thing from St. Louis to DC (through Midway) once, but if the prices are about equal, and you plan on going solely to DC (not Baltimore), then flying into Reagan is the way to go. If you don't need to have a car in the District, then don't rent one, and flying into Reagan puts you so much closer to the city.

Now, from that one occasion in which I did fly ATA, I do have a little anecdote. On one of the flights (think it was the one out of Midway), we had boarded the plane and were waiting for the plane to leave the gate. Suddenly, the cabin goes dark for a second or two. We subsequently hear the pilot say over the intercom "Whoops, not that one!" That didn't exactly inspire confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG37 View Post
                              Only did the Southwest/ATA thing from St. Louis to DC (through Midway) once, but if the prices are about equal, and you plan on going solely to DC (not Baltimore), then flying into Reagan is the way to go. If you don't need to have a car in the District, then don't rent one, and flying into Reagan puts you so much closer to the city.

Now, from that one occasion in which I did fly ATA, I do have a little anecdote. On one of the flights (think it was the one out of Midway), we had boarded the plane and were waiting for the plane to leave the gate. Suddenly, the cabin goes dark for a second or two. We subsequently hear the pilot say over the intercom "Whoops, not that one!" That didn't exactly inspire confidence.
                              Oh my!!!

Seriously, my wife and I were on an American Airlines flight to San Fransciso in 2003 out of Lambert. As we were ascending towards cruising altitude, we kept hitting some enormous turbulance. Keep in mind, this was a clear midwestern summer afternoon, not a cloud in sight. We must have went through about five pretty serious bumps before the Captian announced that he's going to veer away from the sheer of the plane that took off ahead of us. I couldn't resist myself. I uttered "did your driving instructor ever tell you about the danger of following too closely?". The flight attendents started laughing and the mood lightened a great deal.
                              Last edited by Bleacher Creature; 04-03-2008, 03:53 PM.
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X