The Fountain on Locust - Restaurant Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fountain on Locust - Restaurant Review

Had lunch there today - place opened up about 1 month and 1/2 ago.

Lunch was fresh - Chicken Sandwich - reasonable - 6 bucks - and tasty.

They serve Ice Cream from Wisconsin for desert. It was very good - get the two scoop Waffle cone - with chocolate and butter pecan.

Owner is from Millstadt - her name is Joy - I told her I mention it to some of my friends.

I recommend it -

3037 Locust - near midtown - street parking

From the post

OPENINGS

Now open in midtown: the Fountain on Locust, Joy Grdnic Christensen's new martini, ice cream and light-meal spot at 3037 Locust Street. The chef is Natalia Penchaszadeh, who happens to be Argentinian, and the menu is suitably eclectic. The Fountain on Locust is a few blocks east of the Grand Center theatre district and is open from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and from 11 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Thursday through Saturday. Call 314-535-7800 for more information.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

I had lunch at Pho Grand today. Also recommended
    "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Thanks Schwah, I told my wife about it....they are always looking for new places to eat downtown.

Comment

St. John's deli special today.
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

From the Joe Strauss chat...

Maurice Bluth: Hey Joe,

About the Chase Daniel-Jeremy Maclin incomplete pass the other day, I've heard some people talk about it like it could be a sign of trouble for the 2008 Tigers. What do you think?

Personally, I'm not worried about it. I think Mizzou will be fine. Chase won't be under that kind of pressure when they play SEMO or Buffalo this year.

Joe Strauss: Someone apparently screwed up Monday by inviting the Oklahoma front four to watch opening ceremonies from the visitors dugout.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I had a healthy choice chicken thing.
            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by AWSmith98 View Post
              Thanks Schwah, I told my wife about it....they are always looking for new places to eat downtown.
              It's actually in Midtown, just east of SLU. I drove by it the other day - looks like a great place.

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone View Post
                I had lunch at Pho Grand today. Also recommended
                me some Pho Grand.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Pho Grand is sneaky good.

Schwa...doesn't seem like you eat very healthy.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                  -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                    I had a healthy choice chicken thing.
                    There are two healthy choice beef dinners that are good. One is a whisky Steak and some beef thing.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

yeah, I had a chicken something cafe steamer. Not bad at all. I've always been impressed with HC stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by El Birdo 1 View Post
                        Pho Grand is sneaky good.

Schwa...doesn't seem like you eat very healthy.
                        that's where CSD told me "STFU and eat your pork!" I was talking too much.

tonight's mom's birthday and she wanted Garavelli's fish sammiches so that's going to be our dinner.

Comment

Anyone been to the new BBQ place where Santo Bento's was close to?

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Originally posted by Box & Won View Post
                            It's actually in Midtown, just east of SLU. I drove by it the other day - looks like a great place.
                            I thought Locust was downtown....shows how much I go down there

Comment

Originally posted by AWSmith98 View Post
                              I thought Locust was downtown....shows how much I go down there
                              It's a long street.

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

Working...
                              X