• Show
Clear All

• Second/Third graders plan to attack teacher thwarted

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot?

This country is completely fucked.

(04-01) 11:47 PDT Waycross, Ga. (AP) --
    Police say a group of third-graders plotted to attack their teacher, bringing a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape and other items for the job and assigning children tasks including covering the windows and cleaning up afterward.
    The plot by as many as nine boys and girls at Center Elementary School in south Georgia was a serious threat, Waycross Police Chief Tony Tanner said Tuesday.
    "We did not hear anybody say they intended to kill her, but could they have accidentally killed her? Absolutely," Tanner said. "We feel like if they weren't interrupted, there would have been an attempt. Would they have been successful? We don't know."
    The children, ages 8 and 9, were apparently mad at the teacher because she had scolded one of them for standing on a chair, Tanner said.
    They could be expelled, but a prosecutor said they are too young to be charged with a crime under Georgia law.
    Tanner said school officials alerted police Friday after a pupil tipped off a teacher that a girl had brought a weapon to school.
    Police seized a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, electrical and transparent tape, ribbons and a crystal paperweight from the students, who apparently intended to use them against the teacher, Tanner said.
    The alleged target is a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with a range of learning disabilities, including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity, friends and parents said.
    Tanner said the scheme involved a division of roles. One child's job was to cover windows so no one could see outside, he said. Another was supposed to clean up after the attack.
    "We estimate between six to nine students were involved. ... We're not sure at this point in the investigation how many of the students actually knew the intent was to hurt the teacher," Tanner said.
    The parents of the students have cooperated with investigators, who aren't allowed to question the children without their parents' or guardians' consent, he said. Authorities have withheld the children's names.
    Police expected to forward the results of their investigation to prosecutors, Tanner said.
    Children in Georgia can't be charged with a crime unless they are at least 13, District Attorney Rick Currie said.
    Theresa Martin, spokeswoman for the Ware County school system, told The Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville, Fla., that administrators would follow school system policy and state law in disciplining the students.
    "From what I understand, they were considered pretty good kids," Martin said. "But we have to take this seriously, whether they were serious or not about carrying this through, and that's what we did."
    Four mothers of other third-grade students at Center Elementary called for the immediate expulsion of the suspected plotters.
    Stacy Carter and Deana Hiott both cited school system policy stating that any student who brings "anything reasonably considered to be a weapon" is to be expelled for at least the remainder of the school year.
    "We don't want our children around them," Carter told the Times-Union. "The one with the knife could have stabbed my child or someone else's child at lunch or out on the playground."
    "This is an isolated incident, an aberration. ... We have good kids," Center Principal Angie Coleman told the newspaper.
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Based on the plan, evidently not so disabled. Jimminy Xmas
    Sketch in STL
    Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Uh, haven't you been reading the other posts? Today is about fun time and making fun of people, not getting the heeby-jeebies...
      The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

"From what I understand, they were considered pretty good kids," Martin said.
        Ralph, Piggy, Jack, Simon, Sam, Eric, Roger.

Jack seemed to be the leader.
        From this day forward, I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death.

For more than 20 years I have endeavored-indeed, I have struggled-along with a majority of this Court, to develop procedural & substantive rules that would lend more than the mere appearance of fairness to the death penalty endeavor.

I feel morally and intellectually obligated simply to concede that the death penalty experiment has failed.

The path the Court has chosen lessens us all. I dissent.

Comment

Originally posted by sketch View Post
          Based on the plan, evidently not so disabled. Jimminy Xmas
          The alleged target is a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with a range of learning disabilities, including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity, friends and parents said.
          These aren't your garden variety run of the mill retards. This description is touchy-feely edu-babble for the future serial killers of America. You know the type - the troublemakers in class. Slap a label on them and send them to a special room so three more teachers with advanced degrees can have jobs baby sitting them.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
            Uh, haven't you been reading the other posts? Today is about fun time and making fun of people, not getting the heeby-jeebies...
            Future truckers.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
              Future truckers.

Moon

Comment

Somebody is not getting Santa to their house this year.
                Sponsor of:
                Brian Elliott
                Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

On this day above all others -

Never trust anything without a link -
                  Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                  God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a114757D09.DTL

Looks legit to me. How I wish it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...storyid=106016

There was a link on Drudge as well. Can't wait until sportschick sees this thread.

And at Moon's comment.

jj twiggs - A great family restaurant

Dear God, KBF here. I'd just like to say thanks, once again, for allowing Dusty Baker and I to live during the same time period. Every time I think he's given me his last gift -- overpitching Prior in the playoffs, getting cocky in Game 6 vs. the Angels, blowing another game for the Cubs -- he does something stupid like pitching to Albert Pujols. Thy will be done, baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donuts_For_Koharski View Post
                        http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...storyid=106016

There was a link on Drudge as well. Can't wait until sportschick sees this thread.

And at Moon's comment.
                        Damn - that's terrible.
                        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                          http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a114757D09.DTL

Looks legit to me. How I wish it was not.

I think you're right.

Comment

Great, the yards are revolting. This place is fucked.

Comment

wow, guess i should stop yelling at my students then

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
                              X