Annual Drinking and Driving Message for Sporting Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Drinking and Driving Message for Sporting Events

I make these suggestions as an attempt to help a problem. If any one has any other suggestions for avoiding drinking and driving please add them. This is meant in no way as an attack on any one else who has gotten behind the wheel intoxicated in the past. It is an attempt to decrease the number of incidents going forward.

Ways to avoid drinking and driving surrounding a sporting event.

Don’t Drink

This is your first option and should be utilized in the following cases.
    When on medication that would magnify the effects of alcohol.
    When fatigued to the point of exhaustion.
    When you have an adverse reaction to sitting in the sun for long periods of time.

Drink Responsibly

Know your limit and know the limit of drinks you can have per hour by the chart for your weight.

Don’t drink by the number of innings – or quarters for other sports – count your drinks by the hour to give you a better guage of how intoxicated you are.

Don’t preload and exclude that from your count. If you go out to eat before a game and have some beer or wine with your meal make sure you include that in your drink count by hour.

Don’t load up after the game and exclude that from your count either.

Don’t double up at last call – kind of defeats the purpose.

Don’t play drinking games during a sporting event – which can lead to exceeding the amount you should have.

Take metro link or other mass transit which will add time both before and after to lowering your limit.

Should all that fail – call a friend – call a cab – go somewhere safe and sober up.

Be a responsible friend.

Volunteer to be the Designated Driver.

Lie to a friend for his keys – Shame a friend – keep a friend. Do what you have to but don’t let your friends drive drunk.

Apply these rules at a bar that you’re watching a game at also.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

So we Blues fans aren't important enough to get this message? I see how it is!

Comment

The fact a beer costs $8 is a great way to prevent me from having too many at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post
        So we Blues fans aren't important enough to get this message? I see how it is!
        I hear ya bro. This is the time of the year where I slow down going to sporting events. This fall/winter I went to two NFL games, and about 35 NHL games. I might go to a dozen MLB games this year.
        Sponsor of:
        Brian Elliott
        Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
        5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I love you hockey guys - I will make sure you get a special message come next season - I simply forgot this time.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Comment

--Glovey

Comment

One last thing: if friends suggest you don't drive, listen to them. If you're taking in the game at a local watering hole and they ask if they can call you a cab, let them.

Realize before you've had the first drop of beer that *you* are not going to be the best judge of your own sobriety if you have too many; if someone else thinks you're too impaired to drive, you've given them good reason whether you realized it or not. Be smart and not a jerk; take the cab or ride from a friend.
                I like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
                  I love you hockey guys - I will make sure you get a special message come next season - I simply forgot this time.
                  FTR - This hockey girl left her car downtown a couple of nights.
                  Feb. 08, 2005
                  Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
                  Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
                  Originally posted by Airshark
                  NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

I always have cab fare ($20) set aside in my wallet for those nights I am too drunk to drive back from the bar...I never ever EVER spend that money on anything other than a cab home...and I don't go out again after spending it until it has been replaced...
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
                      I always have cab fare ($20) set aside in my wallet for those nights I am too drunk to drive back from the bar...I never ever EVER spend that money on anything other than a cab home...and I don't go out again after spending it until it has been replaced...
                      is it that hard replacing 20 bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi View Post
                        is it that hard replacing 20 bucks?
                        Some days it's harder than others
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
                          FTR - This hockey girl left her car downtown a couple of nights.
                          I love smart hockey girls even more.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Working...
                          X