Thank Jeebus for Comcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Jeebus for Comcast

I had a Comcast tech in today to try and fix my HD reception, which was mostly accomplished. I asked an offhand question about whether the screwing around they did would have any effect on my cable modem. In the course of this discussion, it came to light that I was only averaging about 350K upstream, though down was OK - despite the fact that it had fallen to about 7.5M/s. Well, the tech said that was unacceptable, and being more competent than I'm used to among such guys, he makes one phone call, another guy back at HQ flips a switch, and instantly, this is what I get at home:

Doubled my downstream, and 4X upstream. No additional cost. Woot!

Holy shit! Is your modem on fire yet?
    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by JK View Post
      Holy shit! Is your modem on fire yet?
      The best I had before was 6144/1300 when I had top-end home DSL. The Comcast guy says they still have more room on coax, though I can expect fiber within three years. 30M down/15M up. I can't wait.

Comment

Comcast seems to be pretty good with their internet stuff, but that's the only thing I'll give them credit for. They're still FAR overpriced compared to DirectTV and Dish in the cable/satellite wars. But being a monopoly in various areas of the country will do that to you.
        *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
          Comcast seems to be pretty good with their internet stuff, but that's the only thing I'll give them credit for. They're still FAR overpriced compared to DirectTV and Dish in the cable/satellite wars. But being a monopoly in various areas of the country will do that to you.
          Yeah, their HDTV offerings still suck, at least in my area. It's not even just the cost, it's the availability - for instance, I can't get the NHL network at all.

Comment

Working...
          X