Would you boycott the Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you boycott the Olympics?

I said from the word go that China getting the Olympics was bullshit and until they at least even pay lipservice to treating their citizens with any kind of dignity, they shouldn't be allowed to have this kind of forum. So having said that, if you were a world leader, would you support the Olympics or boycott?
    Yes
    23.33%
    No
    56.67%
    NASCAR rules
    0.00%
    LaRussa
    20.00%
    The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

No.

Moon

Comment

I would not support a boycott of the Games.
      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Is it on home turf?

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

No. This was the IOC's fuckup when they stupidly gave the Games to China. Let them live with it.
          Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

No
            Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

American's boycott China??? That's unAmerican in itself... just look at the shit that is sold at Wal-Mart and at countless other retailers around the country. I don't think anyone gives two shits about human rights violations when buying that crappy T-Shirt or toy for their kids, why the hell should they care about them hosting the Olympic Games. They are also the second largest holders of US private debt next to Japan. Without them we wouldn't be able to swipe our fucking credit cards, get ridiculous mortgages and live beyond our means like we do now. I can't wait until they start gobbling up and buying our infrastructure - or has that already started happening?
              25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
              Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

As usual, NASCAR coming in last.
                Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by kah View Post
                  No. This was the IOC's fuckup when they stupidly gave the Games to China. Let them live with it.
                  ++

And we as a nation have no bitch here, we support them doing these things to their people.
                  Last edited by madyaks; 03-30-2008, 02:36 PM.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

No. Shitty thing to do to the athletes who have busted their ass to get to that level.
                    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

I boycott the Olympics regardless of the hosting country.
                      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                        ++

And we as a nation have no bitch here, we support them doing this to their people.
                        I'm just curious how we support them? By buying their shit? While you may think about the poor Chinese when shopping for rubber dog shit most people don't. Plus don't you think the single mother or an older person on a fixed income benefits from the low cost of many item.

And I've been over there and from what I've seen many are better off than some people here. Don't think there is a person under 30 without a cell phone. Plus lots of partying and no tanks rolling down the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
                          I'm just curious how we support them? By buying their shit? While you may think about the poor Chinese when shopping for rubber dog shit most people don't. Plus don't you think the single mother or an older person on a fixed income benefits from the low cost of many item.

And I've been over there and from what I've seen many are better off than some people here. Don't think there is a person under 30 without a cell phone. Plus lots of partying and no tanks rolling down the street.
                          Yes we support them financially, we have programs aimed at moving businesses there to get in on the Chinese market, we fund their government in that regard.
                          And I am not saying you or anyone in particular has to watch where you spend your money, but for those who would think about boycotting them in the Olympics unless you also boycott buying goods from there you aren't being consistent.

(And many people will tell you they are the biggest threat to the United States in regard to a new world super power, but we are the ones send the cash there hand over fist that will allow them to become that super power. But hey as long as big business profits from it it's OK. The same for the human rights issues.)
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                            No. Shitty thing to do to the athletes who have busted their ass to get to that level.
                            no joke. "congrats bobby you made the olympic team, but sorry we're not going"

also, i wouldn't cause my friend brought me back a hat & shirt from china that has the olympic stuff on them. plus what else would i watch during the day when they're on?

Comment

Yes I would.
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X