Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're goin' to the 'Ship!

The Buckeyes are going to win the NIT.

It is more entertaining then the NCAA tourney and it's nice to be back in the limelight, it's been a couple months.

Discuss.
    You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    It is more entertaining then the NCAA tourney

Uhhhh no.

And this from a guy who watched his team win the NIT last year.

Losing in the Sweet 16 this year was better.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn View Post
      Uhhhh no.

And this from a guy who watched his team win the NIT last year.

Losing in the Sweet 16 this year was better.
      IMO, the Buckeyes season is a bigger success than WVU, they are still playing.
      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

Comment

What you two didn't have enough sex during football season?

Get a room.
        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

In all seriousness this season transformed from your typical underachieving team who might make a splash in the tourney to a complete disappointment last month when they lost 4 in a row (2 of those losses to weak Minnesota and Michigan teams). If they win one of those games they make the tourney and who knows...instead I get to get even more aggravated watching them prove to be one of the best of the not quite good enoughs...

I know no one here probably gives a shit, but Koufos is thinking about going to the NBA...did any of the college basketball (or Big Ten in particular) fans find themselves really impressed by his play?

A player like Koufos points directly towards a huge issue in college basketball right now, at least in my opinion. As a coach...Unless you are getting the once in a lifetime super recruit is it better at this point to instead recruit fringe NBA prospects in the hopes that they stick around for more than a year?

For instance, Matta has 4 years in a row (starting last year) of top 5 recruiting classes lined up to come to Ohio State, but what you get with that is a complete crap shoot...one year its a Final Four and National Championship Game appearance and 3 freshman going to the NBA as first rounders...the next it's the NIT...What the fuck.

It's cool to have top basketball talent in town to go and watch and in the end, I guess give me the talented NBA destined players...but there are some obvious issues when recruiting these players.
          Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 03-28-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

In all seriousness this season transformed from your typical underachieving team who might make a splash in the tourney to a complete disappointment last month when they lost 4 in a row (2 of those losses to weak Minnesota and Michigan teams). If they win one of those games they make the tourney and who knows...instead I get to get even more aggravated watching them prove to be one of the best of the not quite good enoughs...

I know no one here probably gives a shit, but Koufos is thinking about going to the NBA...did any of the college basketball (or Big Ten in particular) fans find themselves really impressed by his play?

A player like Koufos points directly towards a huge problem in college basketball right now, at least in my opinion. As a coach...Unless you are getting the once in a lifetime super recruit is it better at this point to instead recruit fringe NBA prospects in the hopes that they stick around for more than a year?
            Mizzou has had several players "go pro" that you think - what the hell?
            The real problem is that you don't know his family situation - it may be forced due to medical costs or other issues.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

IMO, the Buckeyes season is a bigger success than WVU, they are still playing.
              I have to assume you're joking, but there's no smiley there to give it away.

If a guy has solid information that he's going to be a first round pick and get guaranteed money, I don't know how you can blame him for going pro. If he doesn't have that information, you can blame him.

Comment

I don't understand this thread.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                -Barry Goldwater

Comment

We're #66! We're #66!
                  Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Best mediocre team in the land...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Charlie is a glass half full kind of person.

Comment

Speculative - but I don't see your boy anywhere and why did Brandon Rush slip so far.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Uhhhh, Hotty Totty?
                          Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
                          Jesus is . . .

Comment

Winning the NCAA Tournament=Nailing the hottest chick in school on prom night and being sober enough to remember it.
                            Winning the NIT=Nailing your cousin on prom night.
                            The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

EJ Gordon to the Knicks....perfect pick for them.

He ain't ready for primetime.
                              Last edited by El Establishment 1; 03-28-2008, 01:30 PM.
                              Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
                              -Barry Goldwater

Comment

Working...
                              X