Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: Cut your hair

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

I loved it when LJ got Palmolive by the hair. If guys want to have hair that long then they should expect it to be pulled on even if it means that is the only way they get taken down. But don't toss the flag for it because a guy can't grab his jersey because of the hair in the way.

NEW YORK (AP)—Troy Polamalu might not have to worry about getting tackled again by his hair.

At their meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., next week, NFL owners will consider a proposal to ban players from having hair flow from their helmets below their names on the back of their jerseys.

That might affect Polamalu’s image, but help him on the field. Two seasons ago, the Pittsburgh safety with the long ponytail had his hair grabbed by Kansas City’s Larry Johnson and was thrown to the turf after an interception against the Chiefs.

The rule banning long hair on the field was proposed by Kansas City. It does not require players to get haircuts, but does “require them to tuck it up inside their helmets,” said Atlanta president Rich McKay, chairman of the league’s competition committee.

Polamalu is the best known of the players, most of them defensive backs, with hair flowing outside their helmets. Others include cornerbacks Al Harris of Green Bay and Mike McKenzie of New Orleans.

Because the rule was proposed by a team, the competition committee did not take a position on it. It will be discussed Monday with a package of other rules.
    Sponsor of:
    Brian Elliott
    Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
    5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

I was wondering when they'd get around to this. You just knew the NFL fashion police would not stand for this.

Comment

Yeah, this'll happen. Someone's going to jump up and claim it's part of their heritage/religion/whatnot. When I was in corrections, we all had to have military haircuts, which is fine, except this dude who said he was Native American and it was against his religion to cut his hair, so they let him get away with it. I called bullshit. They said having short hair had nothing to do with having a military image, but had to do with safety. I asked if he was going to have to have it tied back/put up like the women and they said no. Again, I called bullshit. I was basically told to mind my own fucking business and risk shit work if I brought it up again. There's no way the NFL will be able to pull this off.
      The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

Comment

If the guys want to wear their hair over their names, I encourage all defenders to grab it and throw them down. I don't care if they rip out half their skull, just do it.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

this is number 5073 on the list of things I care about in the nfl. 5074 is tom brady.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
            this is number 5073 on the list of things I care about in the nfl. 5074 is tom brady.
            Cheerleaders?
            Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
              Cheerleaders?
              umm, they are number 5075.

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                umm, they are number 5075.
                So you are a Brady fan. Interesting.
                Of course you do.

Comment

This is rediculous.....if a players wants long hair, let him have long hair......
                  TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

I'm just a boy with a new haircut. And that's a pretty nice haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post
                      So you are a Brady fan. Interesting.
                      yeah, see, that was a no win situation for me. I almost put them at 5073.5, but then I was like well at least tom brady is IN the game... kinda puts a damper on my evening now.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                        I'm just a boy with a new haircut. And that's a pretty nice haircut.
                        I am a big Pavement fan.......
                        TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

Haircuts?

The rule banning long hair on the field was proposed by Kansas City. It does not require players to get haircuts, but does “require them to tuck it up inside their helmets,” said Atlanta president Rich McKay, chairman of the league’s competition committee.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

You would need a lot bigger helmet to tuck some player's hair under their helmet.......

Comment

Originally posted by kmeyer View Post
                              You would need a lot bigger helmet to tuck some player's hair under their helmet.......
                              I just got a really funny mental picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X