The 2009 Job Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2009 Job Market

Quick background…this is how it happens in south Texas, for the Mexican migrant worker. There are places where groups of workers hang out. A job site might be light on labor, so they go to these places with a pick up truck, and call out what they need, and pick workers from the crowd. “I need a roofer…I need a framer…I need someone to rake my leaves and clean my gutters…”

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

I am sure some of my fellow I.T. workers on this forum wish it was that easy when they were out of work.....
    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

I wonder if that actor was documented?
      25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
      Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

Comment

Originally posted by kmeyer View Post
        I am sure some of my fellow I.T. workers on this forum wish it was that easy when they were out of work.....

You're hanging out on the wrong corner.

Try Ramadowsih and 3rd in New Delhi.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic View Post
          You're hanging out on the wrong corner.

Try Ramadowsih and 3rd in New Delhi.
          I know a few tech support workers in New Delhi working for HP that I would like to "displace".
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Working...
          X