X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL franchises as bands

Thought this was pretty enjoyable:

http://www.thegoodphight.com/story/2008/3/24/16130/3138

Ugh. The invocation of "Kokomo"--perhaps the very worst single in pop history by any performer to hit the top 10--in reference to 2006 hurts.

We're so much more Pet Sounds than that!
    I like cheese.

Comment

I love the Foo Fighters.
      Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Personal favorite:

San Francisco Giants are The Grateful Dead: Defined for years by the presence of a bloated, drug-addled figurehead who all the fans paid to see, at the expense of developing or addressing the needs of the rest of the group. Owners/management gladly raked in the cash. His abrupt departure left his former comrades and bosses with a purposeless existence. Greatest accomplishments as a group were years in the past, but that didn't stop people from paying ridiculous sums to watch them.

Comment

I like to think of influential albums like 'Pet Sounds' when I think of the Beach Boys.......not bad comeback songs my freshman year of college.....
          TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

Anybody want to attempt to put the AL teams with bands?
            TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

I love the San Francisco one...

Comment

The Cardinals are more like the Beatles..as in the best of ALL TIME.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Red Sox....they should be the worst band who all of a sudden has a hit and tries to spin themselves into the greatest band of all-time....

Spinal Tap...what team could that be? Any team have an exploding catcher? You know...Boston isnt that big of a college town, anyway....

Comment

The Twins would have to be the Replacements..........

On that note.....the greatest band that would be the representative for each city........

St. Louis >>> Uncle Tupelo

Comment

I was thinking the Red Sox are the Dave Matthews Band. Lots of white kids from the suburbs think they're the greatest, though they're not exactly sure why. Also, liking them leads one to believe that they are suddenly an expert on the topic.

Comment

I never thought I'd ever see Frank Viola compared to Dio.

Comment

Originally posted by Box & Won View Post
                          I never thought I'd ever see Frank Viola compared to Dio.
                          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
                            I was thinking the Red Sox are the Dave Matthews Band. Lots of white kids from the suburbs think they're the greatest, though they're not exactly sure why. Also, liking them leads one to believe that they are suddenly an expert on the topic.
                            excellent
                            Sketch in STL
                            Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Pittsburgh Pirates are Guns N' Roses

I'd agree, except G n' R probably spent more money on producing "Chinese Democracy" than the Pirates spend on yearly payroll.

Comment

Working...
                              X