Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign investors veto Fed rescue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Foreign investors veto Fed rescue

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../ccview117.xml

    How bad is this going to be?

    I think this is going to be our biggest crisis in a long time - bigger than our Iraq mess.

  • #2
    Ha-fucking-Ha, motherfuckers!

    King

    Comment


    • #3
      We're screwed - long live the war in Iraq.
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

      Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

      2017 BOTB bracket

      Comment


      • #4
        ruh roh...

        These people don't want to here this:
        http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...ies/index.html

        Foreigners are our friends???!
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faustian_Pact

        I've said it before, foreigners do not need us. At a certain point we are more of a burden than it is worth and they will deal amongst themselves. Our debt and excesses start to become more and more of a drain on the world, they will just slowly cut us off.

        I'm not worried though, I think the government said the Arabs will help us because we gave them Democracy.
        25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
        Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

        Comment


        • #5
          So glad we elected that dumb fuck twice!!!!

          Yay democracy

          Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!


          Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jhanke View Post
            So glad we elected that dumb fuck twice!!!!

            Yay democracy
            Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been telling you all a financial shitstorm was coming.

              I was just hoping our economic house of cards would hold up a a few years longer.

              This shit didn't just start with W though and there is plenty of blame to pass around including the many Americans that up to the eye balls in personal debt...its been in the making for a while. Bush has greatly helped to speed it up though.

              If you are interested in how we got here...try reading this;

              http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0471...pt#reader-link
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.


              Comment


              • #8
                What so sad is that I have absolutely no surprise at all that some here are so quick to blame Dubya and the Iraq war. Nothing at all for US spending practices, both government and personal. ... (sigh)...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                  What so sad is that I have absolutely no surprise at all that some here are so quick to blame Dubya and the Iraq war. Nothing at all for US spending practices, both government and personal. ... (sigh)...
                  The war doesn't help either. 190 billion a year ain't chickenscratch.

                  We just can't afford it anymore.
                  Go Cards ...12 in 13.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TTB View Post
                    The war doesn't help either. 190 billion a year ain't chickenscratch.

                    We just can't afford it anymore.
                    Yes - Dubya bears blame for his spending practices, but the implication here is that he caused this problem. He aggravated it, that's all.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                      Yes - Dubya bears blame for his spending practices, but the implication here is that he caused this problem. He aggravated it, that's all.
                      We have been running an economic house of cards for a long time.
                      Go Cards ...12 in 13.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And some of it is being investigated as criminal, they said this is going to make enron look like a Jaywalking.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by madyaks View Post
                          And some of it is being investigated as criminal, they said this is going to make enron look like a Jaywalking.
                          As it should.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Airshark View Post
                            Yes - Dubya bears blame for his spending practices, but the implication here is that he caused this problem. He aggravated it, that's all.
                            He was scratching the rash because he didn't really understand what it was.
                            25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                            Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by marco View Post
                              He was scratching the rash because he didn't really understand what it was.


                              That's a good one. Can I borrow it?
                              Go Cards ...12 in 13.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X