Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News for Hazelwood

Panattoni to redevelop Ford plant

Sacramento-based Panattoni Development Company will redevelop the former Ford Assembly plant on Lindbergh Boulevard in Hazelwood.

The redevelopment agreement announced today includes redeveloping all 155 acres and construction of 11 new buildings totaling about 2.6 million square feet of commercial and industrial space as well as parking.

The primary uses of the redeveloped site will be light industrial, warehousing and distribution, according to a press release from the City of Hazelwood.

At its peak when the plant manufactured Explorer and Mountaineer SUVs, the plant supported 2,500 jobs. When the plant was idled in March 2006, it had been in production for 28 years and employed 1,300 workers.

The company’s prior contract with the United Auto Workers - which was renegotiated last year - prevented the company from selling the plant until September 2007. As first reported on STLtoday.com in January, Dearborn-based Ford Motor Company was in negotiations with a potential developer rumored to be Panattoni.

The redevelopment plan will be considered by the City Council in its April 2 meeting. It is unclear how many new jobs the redevelopment will bring.
    Panattoni designs and builds a range of commercial, retail and industrial buildings and has multiple projects in the St. Louis area.
    Official Lounge Sponsor:
    The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

That's great. So, what are they going to put in all of that new industrial space?

Moon

Comment

Stuff.
      Official Lounge Sponsor:
      The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

Well, that will just fuck up traffic by the Lindbergh and 270 even more. Wonderful.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Maybe they can put a Hooters there so torch can run for mayor.

Moon

Comment

I thought a super-sized Hooters was in the works.
            If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Dammit Moon.
              If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Let's see. We'll trade $22.00 an hour jobs w/ benefits for $8.00 an hour jobs w/ no bennies. Progress!!!

So they want to make it into another Earth City but w/o the decent access to highways. Got it.

Which will die first? This project or The Mills?

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic View Post
                  Let's see. We'll trade $22.00 an hour jobs w/ benefits for $8.00 an hour jobs w/ no bennies. Progress!!!

So they want to make it into another Earth City but w/o the decent access to highways. Got it.

Which will die first? This project or The Mills?
                  Hey! Shouldn't you be staggering around Dogtown by now?
                  Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post
                    Hey! Shouldn't you be staggering around Dogtown by now?
                    I am posting from the Zoo parking lot. Shaking my fist at the clouds and enjoying a nice post-Pat's breakfast buzz. That God I know somebody and can cut the beer lines today.

Comment

I am posting from the Zoo parking lot. Shaking my fist at the clouds and enjoying a nice post-Pat's breakfast buzz. That God I know somebody and can cut the beer lines today.

God and Mother Nature are trying to remind you all what the weather is like almost constantly on your homeland
                      Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

I'm skipping out on Dogtown today...was going after a nice breakfast at Growlers, but the weather isn't being kind...

That and I'm not thrilled with this vendor-thing they decided to roll out this year...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by sportschick View Post

God and Mother Nature are trying to remind you all what the weather is like almost constantly on your homeland
                          St. Patrick is just trying to keep it real.

Gotta run, old peeps need rides from Mass.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                            That and I'm not thrilled with this vendor-thing they decided to roll out this year...
                            I'm not convinced that the vendor-thing will last. Already big arguments aboot it. I blame the bitch from the STLPD but hey, what do I know?

Comment

I'm not convinced that the vendor-thing will last. Already big arguments aboot it. I blame the bitch from the STLPD but hey, what do I know?
                              I don't know much aboot the background of it all, but it definitely turned me off...a vendor "bought" my cousin's apartment parking space from the building's owner for one day so he can park his truck near his tent...

My cousin was none-too-pleased that the super sold his spot without informing him of it...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Working...
                              X