Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archbishop Burke declares St. Louis women priests excommunicated

ST. LOUIS --

Two St. Louis women who were ordained as priests in an organization called Roman Catholic Womenpriests are now declared excommunicated by Archbishop Raymond Burke.

Rose Marie Hudson and Elsie Hainz McGrath were ordained in November, though the process is not recognized by the church, which does not ordain women as priests.

A "Declaration of Excommunication" letter was delivered to the women Wednesday night. Burke also declared the woman who led Hudson's and McGrath's ordinations excommunicated. She is Patricia Fresen, who is now a Roman Catholic Womenpriests bishop living in Germany.

Hudson and McGrath say in a statement that they reject the penalties of excommunication and any other punitive actions from church officials.

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/280970.html

Go fuck yourself, Raymond....

Burke must have watched The Di Vinci Code.

Comment

Serves those bitches right.

jhuegy

Comment

Whoopee!

I expect word from Archbishop Burke soon that the Inquisition is coming to St. Louis.
        Official Lounge Sponsor:
        The New Orleans Saints, Blue Moon Belgian Ale, Peter Gammons, and Cardinals GM John Mozeliak

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny H View Post
          Whoopee!

I expect word from Archbishop Burke soon that the Inquisition is coming to St. Louis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F56ZZzz4meU&NR=1
          Last edited by kjoe; 03-14-2008, 02:34 PM.
          v

Comment

He does realize that they do not give two shits about this, right?

Not saying that he is wrong about this, what they did was/is in direct violation of Catholic teaching, but i think they knew this and had already rejected it. I don't think they thought they were really part of the RC. Just sayin'

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

I always liked this one too, and it more fits Burke and his ilk

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Do you know any Catholics that are big fans of Archbishop Burke?

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                  Heugy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    Serves those bitches right.

jhuegy
                    ++
                    Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                    "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by ksbluesfan View Post
                      Actually yes. I myself would consider myself to be a pretty conservative Catholic, but personally I think he'd be better off if he didn't make some of the statements he has made. Truthfully, I'd say that I agree with him on probably most of the general opinions he holds, but disagree with him on probably most of the avenues he uses to express such opinions.

But yes, I do have friends and family that think very highly of him. Actually, when I was at SLU, a friend of mine down the hall from me and his roommate had the Archbishop over for dinner one night. Apparently the roommate served Mass at the Cathedral a lot and had spoken with Burke on a number of occasions. Anyway, that could've been some funny stuff had I wanted to make a scene.

Comment

This whole 'women as second class citizens' is reason 4,231 why you couldn't pay me enough to be Catholic.
                        Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

wham bam excommunicate these women, but that pedophile priest that was exposing himself here in St Louis, he wouldn't excommunicate that guy?

Yes it is church business, he can excommunicate whoever the F he wants, but I will say this, it really shows his fucking priorities. What is more important, which must be dealt with the absolute most harshly.
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

At the risk of ticking off the conservative Catholics on this forum, Mr Burke lost me when he tried to extort St. Stanislaus' money. That's the same archdioceses that more or less told St. Stans to go screw themselves when they were in need of funding.

OK, so I'm not Catholic and I should be quiet. But I know an older couple in Spanish Lake who're faithful members of that church. I still try to go by and chat with them at least once a month.
                            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I guess my letter is coming next.

I am a Bishop in the lazydazepriests organization.
                              Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Working...
                              X