Blues (suck) @ Sharks (very much not suck) - NHL GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues (suck) @ Sharks (very much not suck) - NHL GDT

Okay Sharks haters - your dilemma: To root for the Blues to win against the hated Sharks, thus further ruining their chances of winning the Stamkos! lottery, or root for them to lose to the team you all hate potentially even more than the Wings???

What's it gonna be???

A franchise-record winning streak has helped the San Jose Sharks take over the top spot in the very competitive Pacific Division. To increase their lead, however, they’ll have to make sure they don’t overlook one of the NHL’s worst teams. The surging Sharks go for their 11th straight victory and a season series-sweep against the slumping St. Louis Blues on Friday night at the HP Pavilion.
    San Jose (41-21-8) posted its franchise-record 10th consecutive win with a 2-1 victory at Nashville on Tuesday. The Sharks, who became the fifth franchise to accomplish that feat since 2000-01, have a one-point over second-place Dallas and are two in front of third-place and defending Stanley Cup champion Anaheim.
    Joe Pavelski and Milan Michalek scored and Evgeni Nabokov turned aside 26 shots in his career-high 40th victory for the Sharks, who have won four straight by one-goal margins.

“We really came out flat, but we picked it up in the second period,” Sharks defenseman Doug Murray said. “The guys did a good job of taking over the game. We don’t want games to be tight like this. We need to play for 60 minutes and put teams out of it early.”
    Nabokov is 9-0-0 with a 1.85 goals-against average in nine starts since Feb. 21. The league leader in wins, Nabokov is 2-0-0 with a 0.50 goals-against average and a shutout this season versus St. Louis.
    San Jose has won all three matchups against St. Louis this season, shutting them out twice. The Sharks are also 11-2-2 against the Blues since the start of 2003-04. A win on Friday, though, would give San Jose its first sweep of the Blues.
    After spending the better part of the previous three weeks on the road, the Sharks play seven of their final 12 games at home, where they are only 16-13-5. San Jose has won three of its last four at home against the Blues, and seven of its last 10 overall at HP Pavilion.
    St. Louis (29-30-11) has lost the first four games on its season-high nine-game road trip following a 4-3 overtime loss at Edmonton on Tuesday. Brad Boyes had a goal and an assist for the Blues, who dropped to 1-8-2 since Feb. 21.
    St. Louis has dropped a season-high eight straight on the road —its longest skid since going 0-7-3 from Dec. 29, 2005-Feb. 1, 2006.
    The Blues, owners of the second-worst record in the Western Conference, are in danger of missing the playoffs for a third straight season.
    Boyes, the Blues’ leader with 37 goals, has tallied five with an assist during a three-game points streak. Boyes’ lone goal in four games against the Sharks came in a 4-1 loss at San Jose on Jan. 24.
    Blues goaltender Manny Legace is 1-7-2 with a 3.06 GAA in his last 11 starts overall, and hasn’t beaten San Jose since a 31-save shutout in 1-0 win on Jan. 20, 2007. If backup Hannu Toivonen gets the start, it will be his first ever against the Sharks, and probably his last.
    GO BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

GO High Draft PICK!!!!

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Both Tampa Bay and LA won last night. The Blues need to lose this one.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Blues Fan in SF View Post
        Okay Sharks haters - your dilemma: To root for the Blues to win against the hated Sharks, thus further ruining their chances of winning the Stamkos! lottery, or root for them to lose to the team you all hate potentially even more than the Wings???

What's it gonna be???

GO BLUES!!!
        at least one of us hates the Sharks more than the Wings...fuck them...
        Feb. 08, 2005
        Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
        Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
        Originally posted by Airshark
        NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

This title needs to be edited to reflect the Sharks' own level of suck.
          Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
          "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Fuck the Sharks. Please win this game. Or blow up the arena. Either one is fine with me.

Comment

sharks with freaking lasers on their heads
              Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post
                Fuck the Sharks. Please win this game. Or blow up the arena. Either one is fine with me.
                Big picture.

Lose the game, but injure Nabokov, Thornton, Campbell and Cheechoo.
                "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Well, if we're going big picture, replace "injure" with "maim," and I'm cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
                    Big picture.

Lose the game, but injure Nabokov, Thornton, Campbell and Cheechoo.
                    "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post

Lighten up, Francis!
                      "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
                        This title needs to be edited to reflect the Sharks' own level of suck.
                        Considering that means a picture of Campbell with a yak penis in his mouth and a platypus tossing his salad, it would make this thread NSFW.
                        Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

Comment

Facts about the Sharks current 10 game winning streak:

* It bests their previous high that spanned eight games from April 3, 2006 at Dallas thru April 15, 2006 vs. Anaheim.

* It is the longest winning streak in the NHL this season.

* It ties the franchise record for longest unbeaten streak, equaling a 9-0-1-0 stretch from Nov. 27, 2001 thru Dec. 19, 2001.

* It is the third time in franchise history the Sharks have gone 10 games without a regulation loss. The last time was March 4, 2007 at Dallas thru March 22, 2007 at Atlanta (8-0-2).

* The Sharks have won eight of the games on the road. It is the second time that the Sharks have had a winning streak of eight or more games on the road (10, Nov. 14 at Dallas thru Dec. 31 at Minnesota), the first time in NHL history that a team has had two road winning streaks of eight games or more in the same season.

* The Sharks are out-scoring their opponents 31-17 during the stretch, allowing more than two goals in a game only once (6-4 W vs. Montreal on 3/3/08).

* The Sharks are out-shooting their opponents 32.5 – 23.2 during the stretch. In fact, the Sharks have out-shot their opponent by 10 or more in six of the games. During the ten games, they have out-shot the opponent nine times and tied the opponent once (22-22, at Detroit on 2/29/08).

* The Sharks have scored the game’s first goal eight times during the stretch. Jonathan Cheechoo has done it three times.

* The Sharks made up a season-high 11-point deficit to the Dallas Stars in the Pacific Division since Feb. 29 to overtake first place.
                          "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

SO that means the Sharks will loose, thanks Jaws for bringing that to the table. You have just jinxed the Sharks.

** Official Lounge sponsor of Fulham and Detroit Lions**

Comment

Originally posted by fzjjfk View Post
                              SO that means the Sharks will loose, thanks Jaws for bringing that to the table. You have just jinxed the Sharks.
                              That's funny. On a Sharks' forum, fans got on me for jinxing the team after the first game with Campbell because I said that's the first win in the Campbell Era. Four wins later they insisted I mention before every game the Sharks haven't lost in the Campbell Era.

I'm not a big believer in a jinx. The Sharks will lose again, maybe tonight. The Sharks have always been bad in the first home game after a road trip. Plus, the Sharks are not all that good at home this year, barely over .500. Like in any streak, the Sharks have had some luck. Wins aside, what is encouraging for us Sharks' fans is that the team is finally playing up to expectations -- with intensity and confidence. For much of the season, they played boring defense only hockey. As one fan put it, "I went to the Tank and a Minnesota game broke out."

Comment

Working...
                              X