• Show
Clear All

• The Official Bruce Weber Recruitment Thread

Picked up another today.

JuCo out of Texas.

TexasHoops.com Recruiting Staff
    TexasHoops.com
    Talk about it in The Orange Crush' Em board

While Lee College unfortunately missed the Regional Tournament, it did allow Dominique Keller to move forward with his recruitment. The super-athletic 6-foot-7 forward originally from Port Arthur quickly set up an official visit, and after seeing all he needed to see Keller decided it was time to make the call.

"I just announced it - I'm going to Illinois," Keller said on Monday morning. "Just from my visit there I love all the players, the fans, and the coaching staff. I felt it was the best place for me to go and graduate and play."

Keller was simply blown away during his official visit to Champaign, which he took from Thursday thru Saturday. While on campus, he got the grand tour and spent a good amount of time with his future teammates and coaches. "I got to hang out with Alex Legion and Jamar Smith, who will probably be the two starting guards next year," Keller said. "They told me how much they need a big man to come in and play and they felt that I was that man."

"And Coach (Bruce) Weber was one of the coolest guys I've met in my life," Keller continued. "He reminds me of a grandfather figure, one that will take care of you and make sure you have everything you need."

Keller was impressed with the U of I campus and classrooms, as well as the academic support available with the program. Overall, the atmosphere was everything he could have dreamed about. "I love how they treat you with love and respect there and the fans are just crazy," Keller said. "I still had some other offers, but after being there I made up my mind that I wanted to go there."

Keller is excited about finally getting the chance to move on to the high-major Division I level, especially after a sophomore season that didn't end in the post-season. "It wasn't the most successful season in the world for us, but we came together as a team and we were good enough to make the playoffs," Keller said. "It was a good year individually for me, probably the best I've ever had as I became the school's all-time leading scorer and I left the conference in scoring. So that felt good."

Keller noted that he would like to thank TexasHoops.com for their coverage of his recruitment and TexasHoops.com would like to congratulate Keller and his family on his commitment.

Texas Hoops Analysis: DOMINIQUE is an active and efficient paint scorer with very good low post moves. He works hard for the ball, has a soft touch in the paint and out to 15 feet and runs the floor hard. He can beat the defense back for easy buckets and is active on the boards at both ends.

Last edited by El Establishment 1; 03-11-2008, 09:06 AM.
    Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
    -Barry Goldwater

Didn't realize Chambana was West Valhalla.

Comment

Not a bad 6 months for Bruce "He Can Coach, But Can't Recruit" Weber.

2008: Alex Legion, Dominique Keller, Stan Simpson
      2009: DJ Richardson, Brandon Paul, Tyler Griffey, Joseph Bertrand
      2010: Jereme Richmond, Luther Head

And, I would expected Donivine Stewart (2011 PG) in the next week or so.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
      -Barry Goldwater

Comment

All that talent should really help Illinois get all the way up to 8th in their conference.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Weber has got to love this quote

"He reminds me of a grandfather figure
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Just tell me this guy can make a free throw.

Had this team shot close to 70% from the line for the year instead of a pathetic 60% that they did shoot, they prob would have been an NCAA team or at least a bubble team. I've never seen a team lose so many close games due to simply not being able to make free throws down the stretch.
            Official Lounge Sponsor
            Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

They should be seriously improved next season.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Glad there is no audio from Weber in this thread.
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I'll just say this is a pretty big get for Weber. Hopefully Keller will be able to step in and play right away next season. We'll need a rebounder and defensive presence in the blocks.

BTW, I proclaim dvyyy and BBZ the official Illini trolls on this board.
                  *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post
                    I'll just say this is a pretty big get for Weber. Hopefully Keller will be able to step in and play right away next season. We'll need a rebounder and defensive presence in the blocks.

I proclaim dhaab as the owner of the board's most sensitive pussy.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I was first, anyway.

Comment

I guess only me and BBZ make dhaab's vuh-jay-jay hurt.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dhaab View Post

Comment

We got twins? Sweet. We can use all the help we can get.
                            Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy View Post
                              I proclaim dhaab as the owner of the board's most sensitive pussy.
                              I'll meet you at a gas station in Florissant, dude!
                              *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Working...
                              X