Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Cardinals Spring Training Thread

We need one.

First up, a deeply frightening story wherein Sidney Ponson is said to have touched 94 mph in his workout and the workout is described as "intriguing".

Bryan Anderson was sent out of camp, and Pineiro pitches tomorrow.

Our at-bat leaders? The outfielders scrambling to make the team: Mather, Barton, Schumaker and Ludwick.
    Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

I like Mather.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
      I like Mather.
      They certainly are taking a long look at him.
      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

AAA for Mather
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Turns out I'll be seeing the Cardinals play in person during Spring Training.

My wife got fed up with the weather and said that we had to get out for a long weekend and asked me if I wanted to go to Spring Training. Uh, yeah. However, we could only do it this weekend so we're going to Orlando where the Cardinals are playing instead of Jupiter.

Yeah!
          Of course you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post

My wife got fed up with the weather and said that we had to get out for a long weekend and asked me if I wanted to go to Spring Training. Uh, yeah. However, we could only do it this weekend so we're going to Orlando where the Cardinals are playing instead of Jupiter.

Yeah!
            She sounds like a keeper.
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB View Post
              AAA for Mather
              ++. He wouldn't get consistent playing time here. He'd be the power PH guy and we know who Tony wants to play there.

I could see him as a call up when injuries hit though
              Sketch in STL
              Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

News:
                9:20 AM

Pujols is down to two options concerning his injured right elbow: treat and protect the ripped ligament or get reconstructive surgery. Dr. George Paletta told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: "It's not a curable problem without a reconstruction" while also adding that it is a "manageable problem" which Pujols could fight through for the rest of his career.
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

One of the few upsides of the team having a truly bad season is that Pujols could call it a season in July or August and get that thing taken care of.

Comment

I'm an optimist...Yet, I have no problem with calling '08 a sunk year.

I would like to see him fix it ASAP.
                    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

so, assuming barton and schumaker don't stink it up the rest of the spring, which 5 OFers do you see the cards keeping? obviously duncan and ankiel are 2, but who are the other 3? juan gone would probably get one of them....that leaves ludwick, schumaker, barton, mather, and rasmus for the last 3 spots. i would imagine lud, schu, and barton.
                      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE View Post
                        so, assuming barton and schumaker don't stink it up the rest of the spring, which 5 OFers do you see the cards keeping? obviously duncan and ankiel are 2, but who are the other 3? juan gone would probably get one of them....that leaves ludwick, schumaker, barton, mather, and rasmus for the last 3 spots. i would imagine lud, schu, and barton.

I'm pulling for Juan to be cut, and Mather and Rasmus to AAA. That leaves Ank, Dunc, Schu, Barton, and Ducky as the 5 with the big club.
                        RIP Dave

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze View Post
                          I'm an optimist...Yet, I have no problem with calling '08 a sunk year.

I would like to see him fix it ASAP.
                          I love your optimism...but I've stopped paying attention for the time being, and still enjoying the afterglow of 2006.

Can you imagine how depressing things would be right now if we had not won the Series in 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by ShortHop View Post

Yeah!
                            the ballpark there is really cool.
                            Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                              the ballpark there is really cool.
                              Yeah. Co-incidientally I've only been to 1 Spring Training game before, and it was there for the Cardinals. It's a sweet set up.
                              Of course you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X