Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Today Draft Rankings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • USA Today Draft Rankings

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...-players_N.htm


    I saw another USA today list today but could not find it on the web site that didn't even list Rucker as one of the top 6 TEs and not even as high as a 4th round pick. William Franklin either....nor Adam Spieker.


    Not much love for the Mizzou grads. :(


    Chris Long....I'm hoping he falls to the Rams but I'm thinking the Dolphins are going to snatch him up.

    I think Franklin and Rucker go no later then the 3rd round.
    Go Cards ...12 in 13.



  • #2
    I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin goes in the 2nd. He did very well at the combine. His 40 time was sub 4.4 (I think he ran a 4.37). I want to say he was the second fastest WR there.

    Also, I'd love nothing more than for the Chefs to grab Rucker in the 3rd. Tony G. aint gettin' any younger.
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      If they can't take Chris Long, I want Jake Long. If they thought they could trade down and get Cady or Ghoulston, but teams don't want to trade up to those top spots (I saw somewhere that it has been 4 years since someone traded out of the top 8 or something). But really I don't want them to pick on tremendous upside. I want guaranteed good to great.
      Sketch in STL
      Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

      I'M WITH HILLARY!

      Comment


      • #4
        You know, Rucker is an interesting case. He's clearly an excellent receiver but he may be considered -- fairly or not -- too slight to be a good blocker in the NFL. The kid definitely deserves to be drafted and is probably fast enough to be a slot receiver on occassion if you wanted to be creative.

        I really think the Rams pick will be a Long or Dorsey. Gholston is tempting, but there are some questions about his motor I guess.
        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?


        Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin goes in the 2nd. He did very well at the combine. His 40 time was sub 4.4 (I think he ran a 4.37). I want to say he was the second fastest WR there.

          Also, I'd love nothing more than for the Chefs to grab Rucker in the 3rd. Tony G. aint gettin' any younger.
          Franklin's unofficial 40 at the Combine was 4.32. I never heard his official time. 4.37 is smokin though and that was at 215 lbs as he added 10 lbs of muscle after the season.

          At his pro day he had a 40.5 vertical and good long jump too. Physically, he's a speciman and his hands are decent too. Blocks. Good attitude. The only knock I've seen in his scouting reports was for route running which he can improve on. You can't learn athleticism.

          Temple ran 4.47 in the 40. That's fast. He might get drafted albeit late and will certainly get a look from someone as a FA.

          The Rams are collecting TEs...maybe they can draft Rucker!
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.


          Comment


          • #6
            Saw a mock draft yesterday from Fox that had Chris Long going 1 to Phins and the Rams selecting Gholston (DE) with the 2nd pick. Dorsey is suspect right now with injury concerns (but great performance history and a real character guy) and Jake Long is too high at 2. If the Phins pass on C. Long that's the selection. After that the 2 spot is a bit problematic. Too bad the Falcons signed a running back or we may have been able to trade down to 6 with the Jets to allow them to select McFadden.
            Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

            ..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by chiguy View Post
              You know, Rucker is an interesting case. He's clearly an excellent receiver but he may be considered -- fairly or not -- too slight to be a good blocker in the NFL. The kid definitely deserves to be drafted and is probably fast enough to be a slot receiver on occassion if you wanted to be creative.
              Agreed. Rucker has a pulled hammy and hasn't been able to even workout for pro scouts. I'd say his stock has fallen, for sure. He is supposedly going to work out at Mizzou's next Pro Day (I think it's on March 20th or close to it). I'm really rooting for the young man. He was the heart and soul of last year's team. He and Lorenzo Williams (who is probably too small to play DT in the NFL). Rucker is a class-act kid and whatever team gets him will be lucky to have him, imo. I really would love to see him stay in-state.

              How fast is Talib expected to go? Top 15 picks?
              --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
              --Suck it cubbies.
              --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TTB View Post
                Franklin's unofficial 40 at the Combine was 4.32. I never heard his official time. 4.37 is smokin though and that was at 215 lbs as he added 10 lbs of muscle after the season.

                At his pro day he had a 40.5 vertical and good long jump too. Physically, he's a speciman and his hands are decent too. Blocks. Good attitude. The only knock I've seen in his scouting reports was for route running which he can improve on. You can't learn athleticism.

                Temple ran 4.47 in the 40. That's fast. He might get drafted albeit late and will certainly get a look from someone as a FA.

                The Rams are collecting TEs...maybe they can draft Rucker!
                Franklin has really helped himself, that's for sure. I see him going late in the 2nd or as an early 3rd round pick. I've heard he's put on as much as 20 pounds, too. Add that to a sub 4.4 40 and a 40+ inch vertical and teams will covet him. It will be interesting to see if Temple gets a shot somewhere. I'm sure he will.
                --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
                --Suck it cubbies.
                --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  They should take #23....
                  I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

                  Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

                  Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

                  Bill Walton

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about what the Rams should or should not do, but it seems to me the athletic catalyst on this team is Steven Jackson, and that the Rams should do what ever it takes to make his running game more successful. Our game in the air is a shell of its former self, and I sometimes think the Rams try to force that. With Bruce out of the picture we have one less weapon in an already anemic passing attack and we should concentrate on building a solid running game team and rebuilding a defense that gains more respect around the league.
                    25MM jobs in 10 years / 4% GDP Growth / Insurance for everybody / Schools flush with cash don't produce results
                    Jan 2017: 4.7% U-3, 9.2% U-6, 62.7% LFPR, 5.2% Real Wages, 2.6% GDP, 19,827 DJIA, 2,271 S&P500, $2.316/gal

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm probably slightly biased, but I'd be ecstatic if they got Gholston.

                      He got better and better each year he was on campus here in Columbus. He never got injured, nor did I even see him get banged up in a game, seemed like he was always on the field doing his job - pressuring the QB. The weakness in Vern's game is his defense against the run, and while it's not horrible there is certainly work to be done there.

                      I also see that Vern ran a 4.58 at the Ohio State pro day, had a 42" vertical, as well as bench pressed 455 lbs. That's sick.

                      I think I'd prefer to see the Rams take Chris Long, Jake Long, or Vernon Gholston at this point and stay away from Glenn Dorsey.

                      Nothing against Dorsey, I think he is going to be a good NFLer, I just wonder and worry about his durability.
                      Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 03-08-2008, 01:44 PM.
                      You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I found this from Vern's ESPN chat the other day on Buckeye Planet.com, figured I'd share:

                        Andrew, SFO: Hey Vernon, What NFL players did you admire when you were growing up?

                        Vernon Gholston: It's tough for me, because I didn't get into football until my sophomore year of high school. But when I got into football, I liked the St. Louis Rams and their high powered offense. Marshall Faulk was a guy I liked.
                        You're being fucking dramatic. You own a TV and an air mattress. That's not exactly what I'd call "a lot to lose."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Why is 2 too high for Jake Long? He was considered a top 5 pick before the combine and then turned in a monster performance. He gave up two sacks in 4 years and had only 2 penalties in the same time frame. That's just sick.
                          On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?


                          Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chiguy View Post
                            Why is 2 too high for Jake Long? He was considered a top 5 pick before the combine and then turned in a monster performance. He gave up two sacks in 4 years and had only 2 penalties in the same time frame. That's just sick.
                            He's had a great career and looks good in combines but I just think he's a bit undersized and slow to be considered a monster pick at 2. I also think that with the Bell signing they can get some depth on the O line later in the draft and need to address the pass rush with their first pick.
                            Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

                            ..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by hkyfan View Post
                              He's had a great career and looks good in combines but I just think he's a bit undersized and slow to be considered a monster pick at 2. I also think that with the Bell signing they can get some depth on the O line later in the draft and need to address the pass rush with their first pick.
                              Bell is a guy who can play some tackle, but he is a guard and its his best position. We'll be drafting a tackle somewhere in the first 3 rounds, mark my words. They need to start thinking now about Pace's replacement and Barron isn't anythimg more than average.

                              I wouldn't be upset if the drafted Jake Long. I'd prefer Chris Long, but I think he'll be gone.
                              On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?


                              Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X