Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reyes Story - Is He Dissing Duncan Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reyes Story - Is He Dissing Duncan Here?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...E?OpenDocument

I just read this and after many threads debating this last season, I'm wondering if anyone is thinking Reyes is just going back to his old mechanics now and basically saying "fuck you" to Duncan?
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Sometimes Duncan should just coach, and not try to reinvent the wheel.

Look at Ankiel. Pitched fine, but Duncan changed his mechanics fearing injury, wound up messing him up mentally, and he got injured not pitching his natural delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post

Look at Ankiel. Pitched fine, but Duncan changed his mechanics fearing injury, wound up messing him up mentally, and he got injured not pitching his natural delivery.
      IIRC, every independent expert said that Ankiel would have had certain injury with the way he was throwing before Duncan had him change his mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
        IIRC, every independent expert said that Ankiel would have had certain injury with the way he was throwing before Duncan had him change his mechanics.
        Not to mention that his injuries happened quite some time after he'd been sent back to the minors.
        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post

I wouldn't doubt that, but I believe the change in Mechanics screwed him up between the ears.

Everybody gets hurt, unless they're on HGH...

Reyes
          Morris
          Wood
          Prior

If Ankiel continues to rake and winds up having a successful career as an outfielder then the Cards dodged a bullet, but that doesn't always happen.

Comment

Unless he changed the mechanics on Oct. 1, they were working pretty damn well before he flipped out.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop View Post
              Unless he changed the mechanics on Oct. 1, they were working pretty damn well before he flipped out.
              Yeah, 194 K in 175 IP and leading the rotation in ERA are not the marks of a guy with a messed-up delivery.

Comment

Reyes is fucking worthless.
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
                OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

albeit an inability to put away hitters after consistently leading in counts.

Damn....can't remember where I've seen this before....

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                    albeit an inability to put away hitters after consistently leading in counts.

Damn....can't remember where I've seen this before....
                    If Alexander Cartwright had limited hitters to two strikes, Reyes would win about 18 Cy Young awards.

Comment

The 'screw it, I'm pitching how I want' approach goes over real well with Duncan/Larussa

He's gonna need a sub 2.00 ERA to get a sniff of the rotation.
                      Sketch in STL
                      Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Originally posted by sketch View Post
                        The 'screw it, I'm pitching how I want' approach goes over real well with Duncan/Larussa

He's gonna need a sub 2.00 ERA to get a sniff of the rotation.
                        Went over pretty good with NL hitters, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniels View Post

amazing stuff and incorrect...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

If I were Tony/Dave, I would tell him, We're giving you three more starts. Pitch any way you want to. Make him put up or shut up. If he pitches great, leave him alone. If he sucks, either cut him or tell him to STFU and pay attention.
                            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
                            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X