Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Be the AD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You Be the AD

    This is your D1, major-conference basketball coach. I'll give him a totally sweet name to protect his anonymity.


    Head coach Rod Stewart, the 2003-04 Widger Conference Coach of the Year, has been labeled the best offensive coach in college basketball by Sports Illustrated as well as the second-most innovative coach in the nation. And in recent seasons SI's college basketball writers voted him one of the 15 best coaches in the college game -- a list that included only one other Widger Conference coach.
    He has more wins over a seven-year span than any other coach in Barton University's history and his Division I peers have voted him as one of the five coaches they would most like to see give an offensive clinic.
    Records during coach Rod's tenure:

    2000-01: 11-19 (3-13)
    2001-02: 16-13 (7-9)
    2002-03: 12-17 (3-13)
    2003-04: 14-15 (8-8)
    2004-05: 15-16 (6-10)
    2005-06: 14-15 (6-10)
    2006-07: 13-18 (2-14)
    2007-08: 8-19 (1-15)

    Notes:
    * Graduates almost everybody. Runs a clean program. Seems like a nice guy.
    * Program is historically awful. Laughingstock-level awful. Tough to recruit to for many reasons, even before coach Rod put in a slow-down offense that offers very little reason for anybody with pro aspirations to be drawn toward.
    * As may be inferred, non-conference schedule is cupcake-heavy.
    * Friends with the university president.



    After making fun of me...and probably eating five tacos, given the audience...what do you do?

  • #2
    Get a nice framed copy of the SI article for him?

    Comment


    • #3
      1. Hire him as my lead assistant
      2. Let him coach up my players
      3. Let him run numerous camps
      4. Profit
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
        Get a nice framed copy of the SI article for him?
        I said after making fun of me.

        Comment


        • #5
          As the AD, I ask the coach to start bugging Amaechi about any "friends" he has that play basketball.

          Or I realise I am meant to be a doormat to the bigger, better teams which populate the conference.
          "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
          "I didn't know you
          had any feelings"

          Comment


          • #6
            Ask him why he insists on running a clean program.


            Comment


            • #7
              Didnt even know NW had a basketball team.
              Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
                Didnt even know NW had a basketball team.
                Yeah, well, Barton University's guys haven't stolen any laptops or drunkenly wrapped a car around any trees lately, so they fly under the radar.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by backstop View Post
                  Yeah, well, Barton University's guys haven't stolen any laptops or drunkenly wrapped a car around any trees lately, so they fly under the radar.
                  They also traditionally have not won very much.

                  Hardly at all really.
                  "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                  "I didn't know you
                  had any feelings"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Where does Barton University being the only team with a Division 1 team going back to the formation of the NCAA and without an appearance in the Big Dance figure into things?
                    I like cheese.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by triggercut1 View Post
                      Where does Barton University being the only team with a Division 1 team going back to the formation of the NCAA and without an appearance in the Big Dance figure into things?
                      It was supposed to go unmentioned. But thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SunuvaNun View Post
                        They also traditionally have not won very much.

                        Hardly at all really.

                        Yes, as was pointed out in the first post in this thread.

                        Must I point out whom the one conference victory for Barton U. this year was against?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As the AD, I just sit back and try to relive that magical 16-13 run in 01-02.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by backstop View Post
                            Must I point out whom the one conference victory for Barton U. this year was against?
                            One which is not as poor as Barton U this year?
                            "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                            "I didn't know you
                            had any feelings"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SunuvaNun View Post
                              One which is not as poor as Barton U this year?
                              What was wrong with your first response?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X