American Idol 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol 2008

Well, I'm watching it, and yes, it's reality TV and each episode makes me stupider, and you are superior intellectually, socially, and in every other meaningful way if you disdain this show. I watch because my wife watches. And I admit I enjoy it when Simon speaks the truth to a generation who just want to hear wonderful things about themselves (he will not Obamacize!).

My guess is some of you fellow losers watch it too.

Today we got a scandal!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080304/.../idol_stripper
    Strip club: 'Idol' once danced here

LOS ANGELES - "American Idol" contestant David Hernandez once entertained audiences by removing his clothes instead of singing tunes, a manager at a male strip club in Phoenix told The Associated Press.
    The 24-year-old finalist from Glendale, Ariz., once worked as a stripper at Dick's Cabaret, appearing fully nude and performing lap dances for the club's "mostly male" clientele, club manager Gordy Bryan said Monday.
    "He had the look and the type that people like, so he made pretty good money here," Bryan said.

It's not clear whether a history as a stripper could disqualify Hernandez from the competition. In 2003, finalist Frenchie Davis was dismissed because of her appearance on an adult Web site; but last year, Antonella Barba remained in the competition after racy photos of her surfaced on the Internet.

Fox spokeswomen Jill Hudson did not immediately return telephone calls seeking comment Monday.

According to Bryan, Hernandez steadily worked at the club for three years until September 30, 2007.

"He never renewed his licensing with the state, so he hasn't been on my roster since then," Bryan said.

Bryan said he was aware that Hernandez was a vocalist, but that Hernandez never sang at the club. Bryan said he now believes Hernandez stopped working at the club because of his participation in "American Idol." Hernandez has never been referred to as a stripper or former stripper during the Fox singing competition.

Rumors of a stripper past — along with photos of a scantily clad Hernandez working as a bartender at gay nightclub Burn — were first posted last week on VoteForTheWorst.com, a site that encourages "Idol" viewers to vote for "the bad and truly entertaining contestants."

"It was like moths to a flame," said VoteForTheWorst.com founder Dave Della Terza. "As soon as I posted that, we started getting 10, 20 letters every single day from people saying, 'Yeah, he's a stripper in Phoenix.'"
    Terza and other members of VoteForTheWorst.com community scoured MySpace, Photobucket and other social networking and photo sharing sites to find information and images of Hernandez. Terza said he contacted the club to confirm the Internet chatter, but they never got back to him.
    "They said they couldn't give me a statement before talking to their lawyers," said Terza.

Hernandez, who originally auditioned for "Idol" in San Diego on July 30, 2007, is in the Fox singing competition's top 16 contestants. Last week, he earned rave reviews from the judges after his performance of The Temptations' "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." He is scheduled to perform with the other male contestants on Tuesday's show.

Former 2017 OFFICIAL SPONSOR of Braves' Fill-In Matt Adams,
    Jesus is . . .

Dick's Cabaret - heh, heh, heh
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

The Archuletta kid, the Irish chick, and the Aussie dude are the three best. Probably in that order. I couldn't believe the amount of "finalists" who were/are really, really shitty singers (especially the guys). And drobs, I'm with you on Simon. I usually agree with his assessments.
      --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
      --Suck it cubbies.
      --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
        I couldn't believe the amount of "finalists" who were/are really, really shitty singers (especially the guys).
        BUT SEACREST HAS TOLD US 400 TIMES THAT THIS IS THE GREATEST TOP 24 IN IDOL HISTORY!!!!11ONE

I think the guys have been generally better than the girls, actually.

Kady Mallow who sang Magic Man last week didn't hit one correct note.

Comment

I really think the Archuletta kid is going to win.
          Feb. 08, 2005
          Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

Forever
          Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
          Originally posted by Airshark
          NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by kconn View Post
            BUT SEACREST HAS TOLD US 400 TIMES THAT THIS IS THE GREATEST TOP 24 IN IDOL HISTORY!!!!11ONE
            No doubt. I think it's one of the worst seasons I've watched. We'll have to agree to disagree about the guys vs. gals. I still can't believe the amount of suckage from the guys. To credit the voters though, they've gotten rid of some of the major offenders. That Kady chick was terrible though....
            --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
            --Suck it cubbies.
            --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
              No doubt. I think it's one of the worst seasons I've watched. We'll have to agree to disagree about the guys vs. gals. I still can't believe the amount of suckage from the guys. To credit the voters though, they've gotten rid of some of the major offenders. That Kady chick was terrible though....
              But she can do a mean Brittney Spears......
              Official sponsor of: Pepsi Zero Sugar and Jordan Almonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
                I think without question he's been the best so far. But there's a long way to go.

Comment

I think the Archeletta kid should win too, but because of sites like vote for the worst people like Sanjaya will go far every year. I'm not even interested this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsane2Bme View Post
                    I just don't like him. He was crying last week when some of the other contestants got the boot. Strap on a pair dude.
                    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Archuleta really isn't that good, IMO. It's going to come down to the Irish chick, the little Asian chick, and the Aussie dude.

Comment

I agree with Glovey.

[pauses]

Archuletta will be top 3, but after that I am not sure he's got the pipes to win it. But the teeny girls will vote en masse.
                        Jesus is . . .

Comment

This season clearly has the most gay male finalists...and they're all horrible...and, sadly, I'm not sure which of those facts compels me to watch more...
                          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                          -mike
                          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker View Post
                            This season clearly has the most gay male finalists...and they're all horrible...and, sadly, I'm not sure which of those facts compels me to watch more...
                            This post is funny when you read your signature.

I'll admit that's a really cute dog.
                            Jesus is . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post
                              Archuleta really isn't that good, IMO.
                              He may or not be that good, but his performance on "Imagine" last week was an absolute home run.

Comment

Working...
                              X