Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Benie...Jacob Bell is a Ram.

They just reached terms....six-yr deal

now they're on the way to dinner to celebrate.

--B
    This is a pretty good get by the Rams...isn't it?

Is it bad that I automaticallydoubt pretty much any move they do these days?

EDIT: God damnit it. I forgot about the NFL Free Agency GDT.
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Free agency thread is lame for Rams stuff. Thx for posting.
    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Don't know the money involved, but the Rams were aggressive. They weren't gonna let him leave town without a deal.

Devaney had him graded No. 1 among FA guards.... they went after Faneca first because of Faneca's leadership ability, which they think they need on the OL. But because of Bell's physical strength and good feet, and relative youth (compared to Faneca) they ranked him No. 1.

Left guard.

--B
      k
      Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

Marc Bulger celebrates.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Candy.

"When you say 'radical right' today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."
        -Barry Goldwater

Comment

I guess they won't be going after Jake Long now ...
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy View Post
            Good. Get the other Long that plays defense.

Comment

I dunno. They could put him at RG, until Pace gets hurt or retires, or RT, and move Barron inside.

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting the other Long either.

Comment

After failing to get Faneca, they needed to land Bell.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by MMouse View Post
                    I wouldn't mind getting the other Long either.
                    That's what she said.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

we need DE.. since we released Hall.

who do we have there? Little.. Carriker if he plays..

who else?

so i can see the rams picking yet another DE.

Ideally would love to trade down but need another team to complete the deal.

Comment

1. Carriker is not the answer at DE...we need a pass rusher and that's not him, at least not from the edge.

2. It increasingly looks like Chris Long, the DE, will the the 'Phins pick at #1. Dorsey has injury issues and no one believes Parcells will pick a QB. No one else is worth #1 other than McFadden who could be had at #4 or so.

3. Jake Long is a tackle. We signed a guard. We need a young tackle, even if it means Barron moves to #3 tackle.

The Rams may draft Gholston, Dorsey, or Ellis...but they're hardly out of the running for Jake Long.
                        On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Barron's contract has 2 yrs left and they have plenty of other holes is the thing.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

If 2007 showed anything, you can't have enough good O-linemen. (see Rams and see Patriots). I hope they don't take the 2nd best at any position with the #2. I know people want a future HOFer after that crappy season, but a very good starter for half a decade or more will do. Rams haven't picked up many of those recently.
                            Sketch in STL
                            Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

Barron's contract has 2 yrs left and they have plenty of other holes is the thing.
                              At this stage of Barron's contract, his cap number is actually very small. We're not paying him very much anymore so him being the third tackle isn't a bad thing from a financial perspective. That said, I've heard some discussion that either J. Long or he could play at guard. Long is certainly big enough and it might make more sense to put Barron closer to the ball (maybe then he could stand still).

No matter what, the Rams need another young tackle on the roster. It doesn't necessarily need to be a guy in the first round, but its a good group this year and Pace isn't going to play forever and Barron is at best mediocre.
                              On my mind: How can I shut up the singing English graduate student? How many more lossess will KU's basketball team have than its football team? How will the Rams front office screw up this year?

Official lounge sponsor of Will Witherspoon, Russell Robinson, and all other things Jayhawk at the lounge (which ain't much).

Comment

Working...
                              X