• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion Cornholer Dies In Jail - Not Red Wings Related

Cornhole champ dies
    Victim was serving sentence for DUI
    BY BARRETT J. BRUNSMAN | [email protected]

BATAVIA - Charles "Chu" Farfsing Jr. of Blue Ash, said to be one of the best cornhole players in the nation, died Sunday night after collapsing at the Clermont County Jail, apparently of a heart attack.

Farfsing, 53, collapsed in his cell about 11 p.m. and was taken to Clermont Mercy Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, said Sheriff A.J. "Tim" Rodenberg. There was no indication of foul play.

Farfsing was on the team that in 2006 won the first Carson Palmer Cornhole Classic sponsored by the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback, and he repeated the feat last year, said Randy Atha of Sharonville.

"He was definitely one of the top 10 players in the country," Atha said of Farfsing, his partner in hundreds of tournaments over the last four years. "If you're top 10 in Cincinnati, you're top 10 in the country."

Farfsing had been in jail since Jan. 8. Arrested in Miami Township on a DUI charge Aug. 25, Farfsing told officers he'd had six beers at dinner and another four or five at Sneaky Pete's, a Miami Township pub known for its cornhole competitions. He also told police he had taken prescription pain killers.

Farfsing was found guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs on Jan. 18 by Judge Anthony W. Brock of Municipal Court. Farfsing was to be released Oct. 3, the sheriff said.

Cornhole involves tossing bags filled with dried corn into holes in boards. Atha said Farfsing coined the phrase, "Go to your hole!"

A 1972 graduate of Sycamore High School, Farfsing played basketball at Muskingum College in New Concord, said his sister, Nancy Stewart of Mason.

A resident of Bell Avenue, Farfsing had been a carpet salesman, Atha said.

"When we first started playing, we won every tournament we got in - every weekend, from Chicago to Cleveland, everywhere in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana," Atha said.

Farfsing popularized cornhole throughout Greater Cincinnati after discovering the game on the West Side, Atha said.

"He was the one that really promoted and pushed the game," Atha said. "He's the one who got it into bars like Sneaky Pete's."

The pub was one of the locations for the filming of "Cornhole: The Movie," which is to be released in the spring, Atha said. He and Farfsing had bit parts in it.

"We were kind of the professional cornhole players," Atha said of their roles. "We were in all the scenes that had all the action."
    http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...343/1056/COL02

Something possessed me to type "cornhole barack obama" into my Google search box. This was the top hit.

I guess his brain has not developed properly since he was 20.

Comment

I can't wait for "Cornhole: The Movie"......

Comment

Originally posted by hansolo View Post
        I guess his brain has not developed properly since he was 20.
        I never said that people under 25 have "improperly" developed brains. Just not fully-developed ones. Judgement centers aren't all there until around age 25. When it comes to picking an age to trust (18 for voting, 21 for drinking), the only ones who have it right are the car-rental companies, which are almost all age 25 limited.

Comment

Carson Palmer Cornhole Classic
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark View Post
            I never said that people under 25 have "improperly" developed brains. Just not fully-developed ones. Judgement centers aren't all there until around age 25. When it comes to picking an age to trust (18 for voting, 21 for drinking), the only ones who have it right are the car-rental companies, which are almost all age 25 limited.
            J O K E

ya know it's okay to laugh once in a while.

Comment

Probably a Red Wings fan.

Comment

This thread title made me laugh
                Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I played a lot of cornhole in college. It's pretty big at Miami... Indiana, Cincy, etc. Go ahead, make your own jokes.
                  Official 2014-15 Lounge Sponsor of Jori Lehterä
                  "He'll Finnish You Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Blues View Post
                    I played a lot of cornhole in prison. My rectum's pretty big.

FTFY.
                    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

How is this not from the Onion?
                      Official Lounge Sponsor:
                      Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
                      The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
                      Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

The bigger question is why does Airshark want more info on Barack Obama's anus.
                        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

I thought this was a joke, but there's an association and webpage for the Cornhole Game.

http://www.playcornhole.org/
                          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleacher Creature View Post
                            I thought this was a joke, but there's an association and webpage for the Cornhole Game.

http://www.playcornhole.org/
                            So how many gay cornhole sites did you visit before you found that one?
                            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan View Post
                              So how many gay cornhole sites did you visit before you found that one?
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X