No announcement yet.

I did a search and there was nothing about keith Richards making fun of led zep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a search and there was nothing about keith Richards making fun of led zep

Stairway to heaven don't make it---and above all else---drugs is bad.

MSNBC News Services
    updated 9:48 a.m. CT, Thurs., Feb. 28, 2008

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has advised young people to “lay off the dope” in an interview with monthly magazine Uncut, the BBC is reporting on its Web site.
    Richards also brands bandmate Mick Jagger a “power freak” in the interview and belittles Led Zeppelin’s December one-off reunion gig.
    The BBC reports that the 64-year-old, who famously claimed to have snorted his father’s ashes — but later denied it, revealed what his message would be to anyone using drugs.
    “Give it up, it ain't really worth it. I know the fascination, but it ain't worth it,” he said.

Richards was speaking to Uncut magazine in an interview to promote a Martin Scorsese documentary about the band, “Shine A Light.” Addressing the band's frontman, he says, “Mick's a maniac. He can't get up in the morning without knowing immediately who he's going to call.
    “Meanwhile, I just go ‘Thank God I'm awake’ and wait for three or four hours before I do anything. (Jagger) is a power freak and there's nothing we can do about it. I don't want to do anything about it. It doesn't make any difference to what we do,” the BBC quotes from the interview.
    When asked about Jagger's onstage persona he said: “Excuse me while I laugh. He's a bit vain, let's put it like that. We want a vain bloke up there, don't we? Meanwhile, the band can go to work. Vanity will not carry a band. But a band can carry vanity.”
    Asked about the recent Led Zeppelin reunion, Richards tells Uncut: “They had one? Well, well done Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant) ... ‘Stairway To Heaven don't make it for me, baby.”
    The BBC reports that Richards also revealed he does not listen to contemporary music and thinks CDs sound “tinny.”
    v

I've read Keith ragging Mick a lot, but never the other way around. You think Jagger might have a few choice things to say about working 45 years with the biggest derelict in rock music history?

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
      I've read Keith ragging Mick a lot, but never the other way around. You think Jagger might have a few choice things to say about working 45 years with the biggest derelict in rock music history?
      He did a lot of nasty stuff manipulating Johnnie Johnson into an unsuccessful lawsuit to get back at Chuck Berry. I actually understood the argument they were having in Chuck's 1986 movie. Richards thought Chuck should have his guitar amp tilted up so he could hear it better---I knew why Chuck didn't want it that way. It was not really Richards' business.

God, he can play. He and Jagger and the restrained Charlie Watts were a perfect a recipe for greatness, even though other individual ingredients were more spectacular.

I did not remember this--

Jagger and Richards grew estranged from each other, and the band would not record for three years. Jagger released his first solo album, the platinum She’s the Boss, in 1984. His second, 1987’s Primitive Cool, didn’t even break the Top 40. Richards, who’d long declared he would never undertake a solo album (and who resented Jagger’s making music outside the band), countered in 1988 with the gold Talk Is Cheap, backed up by the X-Pensive Winos: guitarist Waddy Wachtel and the rhythm section of Steve Jordan and Charley Drayton.

The two Stones sniped at each other in the press and in song: Richards’ album track “You Don’t Move Me” was directed at his longtime partner. Nevertheless, shortly before the Rolling Stones were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in January 1989 the two traveled to Barbados to begin writing songs for a new Stones album.
      v

Comment

Yeah, they had a feud for a long, long time. Mixed Emotions was supposed to signal the make-up.

It's like the Lennon/McCartney thing, only worse. I suspect both sides have good reason to resent each other.

Comment

Yeah, they had a feud for a long, long time. Mixed Emotions was supposed to signal the make-up.

It's like the Lennon/McCartney thing, only worse. I suspect both sides have good reason to resent each other.

Keith called it "Mick's Emotions".
          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky View Post
            Keith called it "Mick's Emotions".
            I admire one thing about Richards -- his dedication to craft -- but other than, that guy is just a piece of shit human being.

Comment

The Rolling Stones have no business criticizing Led Zeppelin for any reason.

"Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't," Tarasenko said. "You can't score every game. So, at the same time, you need to help your team. You can be a factor. That's what I try to do. I believe it's coming if you just don't think about it".

Comment

Originally posted by _Gassoff View Post
                Now, now. Let's not get out of control here.

Comment

++

Comment

I admire one thing about Richards -- his dedication to craft -- but other than, that guy is just a piece of shit human being.
                    He owes all his millions to Jagger. Without Jagger's business acumen, Richards would with be dead or broke, or both.

And I don't know how dedicated he is to his craft -- I've not heard any improvement in his playing in 40 years.

Comment

--
                      v

Comment

Working...
                      X