William F. Buckley Just Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William F. Buckley Just Died

A giant in the conservative movement. No link yet.
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Somebody must have told him McCain is the GOP nominee.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

"Now listen, you queer," he said, "stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I’ll sock you in you goddamn face and you’ll stay plastered."
      Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

I found him damn near incomphrensible, both to listen to and to read, but he pretty much was the Father of Modern Conservatism.
        "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
          I found him damn near incomphrensible, both to listen to and to read, but he pretty much was the Father of Modern Conservatism.
          Have you read any of Christopher Buckley's books? They're great.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Saw him debate George McGovern at SEMO. Old school intellectuals disagreeing on nearly everything in a civilized and polite manner.

The world needs more like his kind.
            His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
            Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Man admitted that he had never attended a baseball game in his whole life. How can you trust a man like that?

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                Love him.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
                  I have. Is that Williams son?
                  Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

Originally posted by hkyfan View Post
                    I have. Is that Williams son?
                    Yep.

Comment

Check out the NYT obit on him. It's great. He wrote a letter to the King of England when he was six years old, demanding repayment of war debt. When he was a youngster, he typed fellow students papers for $1 a paper, with a 25-cent surcharge for corrected grammar. He and his wife called each other "Ducky."
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Check out the NYT obit on him. It's great. He wrote a letter to the King of England when he was six years old, demanding repayment of war debt. When he was a youngster, he typed fellow students papers for $1 a paper, with a 25-cent surcharge for corrected grammar. He and his wife called each other "Ducky."

Oh - so when a White 6 year old does it - it's cool -

But when the brothers do it - its bad.

I want my reparations again.
                        Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                        God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala View Post
                          Oh - so when a White 6 year old does it - it's cool -

But when the brothers do it - its bad.

I want my reparations again.
                          I think it's very cool when the brothers write to the King or Queen of England.
                          --Albert Einstein

Comment

Reading Buckley does require continual references to a dictionary.

Comment

From the column:

“All great biblical stories begin with Genesis,” George Will wrote in the National Review in 1980. “And before there was Ronald Reagan, there was Barry Goldwater, and before there was Barry Goldwater there was National Review, and before there was National Review there was Bill Buckley with a spark in his mind, and the spark in 1980 has become a conflagration.”

Comment

Working...
                              X