The McCain dirty laundry thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The McCain dirty laundry thread

Hard to figure out where to start here... the Keating scandal, the lobbyist thing, leaving his crippled first wife and getting married one month after divorcing her - which of course means that he is an adulterer, and all the GOP supporters who whined about Slicks' improprieties are hypocrites for supporting this guy.

But now there is VetVoice, which is a group of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. It is for Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members, as well as for veterans, their families, and their supporters.

Here is their website: http://www.vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=639

They have an ad out against John McCain.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsMumUEPMCY

Today, we're debuting a new television ad that starts airing this week - challenging John McCain to give America some straight talk, and tell us all the things that his plan for endless war in Iraq will make the American people sacrifice.

The ad features, for the first time, a female Iraq veteran and her small child. Rose Forrest served 12 months in Iraq, and gave birth to her little son, when she came home. In the ad, Rose challenges John McCain to tell the truth about what endless war means for her child, and all of our children. Senator McCain needs to give us some straight talk about how much endless war in Iraq is going to cost. We don't have an endless pot of money, or an endless supply of troops and equipment.

So what are Americans going to have to sacrifice if he has his way on Iraq? Health care? Decent jobs? Border security that all those National Guardsmen in Iraq could be performing? Rescue and cleanup after disasters like Katrina and tornados in Kansas and Tennessee? Are we going to have to sacrifice our chance to cripple Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in Afghanistan? We can't do it all, but John McCain seems to pretend that we can.

We're airing this ad in the hopes that Senator McCain finally gets honest with the American people. We're putting it out there so that the media and power-brokers start to ask the same questions. Endless war in Iraq means drastic sacrifices for Americans in their everyday lives, and in terms of our own security.

It's all about priorities, and on this question, the wheels are falling off the Straight Talk Express.

This is just the beginning. In the coming months, we'll be on an all-out offensive, to expose the strategies that hurt us here at home and abroad in our fight against al Qaeda. We're going to challenge our leaders to get our global strategy right. You can count on us leading the way, but we cannot do it without you. So please, view our ad and pass it along to all of your friends and family. Together, we can change America's course.

“I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

He graduated 2nd from last from the Naval Academy and lost 5 planes during the Vietnam War.

Moon.
    "You can't handle my opinions." Moedrabowsky

Jeffro is a hell of a good man.

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Just focus on the Keating thing -

Surprised someones didn't do serious time.
      Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
      God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I think this has been posted before. If someone could embed it, I would appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwqEneBKUs

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by FAR52 View Post
          He graduated 2nd from last from the Naval Academy and lost 5 planes during the Vietnam War.

Moon.
          There must be a correlation between where one graduates in their class at the Naval Acadamy and their ability (or lack thereof) to bring aircraft back to the carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
            There must be a correlation between where one graduates in their class at the Naval Acadamy and their ability (or lack thereof) to bring aircraft back to the carrier.
            Actually, I think the 5 planes thing comes from McCain's grandfather, also named John. As far as I know, the current McCain only lost 2 planes. One on the deck of his carrier and the other when he was shot down.

McCain was born the son and grandson of admirals in Coco Sola, Panama, on 29 August 1936. As a self-confessed military brat, he inevitably chose a navy career. There was no other option for the grandson of John 'Slew' McCain, a man who had commanded aircraft carriers in the Second World War. Slew McCain was so driven that when the navy passed a rule saying only aviators could command a carrier, the old man went to flight school while in his fifties. He crashed five planes before finally getting his wings, and then his carrier. In one Pacific battle, planes under Slew McCain's command sank 49 Japanese ships in a single day.
            http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...764769,00.html

Comment

We may have trouble lining up two dozen shriekers, saying how dare you criticize our candidate. Give us a few days, 'kay?

Comment

Actually, I think the 5 planes thing comes from McCain's grandfather, also named John. As far as I know, the current McCain only lost 2 planes. One on the deck of his carrier and the other when he was shot down.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...764769,00.html
                Ah, ok.

I thought it a little weird even during Jr's service that he'd be given so many chances to prove that he could bring a plane back home in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card View Post
                  Ah, ok.

I thought it a little weird even during Jr's service that he'd be given so many chances to prove that he could bring a plane back home in one piece.
                  You know, I had heard that so many times before, that I just accepted it. After I pretended to be Moon, I decided to look it up for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie Cleveland View Post
                    We may have trouble lining up two dozen shriekers, saying how dare you criticize our candidate. Give us a few days, 'kay?
                    Okay.

Just don't bring in any of the folks who ripped Slick for commiting adultery. Otherwise I'll have to call those people hypocrites too.
                    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

You know, Ithink Raz has said more negative things about McCain leaving his first wife, than McCains former wife has.
                      "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Originally posted by blue zone View Post
                        You know, Ithink Raz has said more negative things about McCain leaving his first wife, than McCains former wife has.
                        The MSM has been strangely quiet about it, but I think that if we truly want to learn about the character of the candidates, that they should be discussing this matter more.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy View Post
                          The MSM has been strangely quiet about it, but I think that if we truly want to learn about the character of the candidates, that they should be discussing this matter more.
                          If character mattered to the MSM or people in general, Clinton and W would have never seen the Oval office outside of a tour.
                          "There is an old saying that goes 'no matter how good you are, there is always someone better.' That someone is me." - Chiun

I require the lubrication to successfully handle some of them. *sigh*- Sunuvanun

Matrem tuam pedicavi

"I kinda dig Johnson" -Triggercut

Comment

Moon.
                            Keep going.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon Man View Post
                              Keep going.

Moon
                              He's a REPUBLICAN, fer cryin' out loud! What other scandals do you need?

Comment

Working...
                              X