Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wire

SPOILER ALERT!

Anybody out there watching? This season started slow, but I'm really caught up in it right now. RIP Omar, best character in TV history. (No. 2: Barney Fife.)
    Last edited by kennyboyerfan; 02-25-2008, 10:08 AM.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Well shit. I knew there was a chance of a spoiler in this thread but little did I know it was going to be this.

Not your fault. I should haven known better. My enjoyment won't be any less.

Great character and best show on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Blaylock View Post
      Well shit. I knew there was a chance of a spoiler in this thread but little did I know it was going to be this.

Not your fault. I should haven known better. My enjoyment won't be any less.

Great character and best show on TV.
      Oh, shit, I'm truly sorry. I'll try to edit the hed.
      "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, thanks a lot... I'm one episode behind.
        "At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed."
        – Frederick Douglass, doing an amazing job since 1852

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan View Post
          SPOILER ALERT!

Anybody out there watching? This season started slow, but I'm really caught up in it right now. RIP Omar, best character in TV history. (No. 2: Barney Fife.)
          Must I remind you George Costanza bested Fife fair and square.
          Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
          God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I always felt that all of the seasons kind of start slow. That's part of the charm of the show. They ease into the story, let it slowly build.

While season 5 isn't measuring up to seasons 3 or 4 it's still the best show on TV, maybe ever. I can't believe there is only one episode left (the penultimate episode is On-Demand now). Then again, given the ratings, the fact that HBO gave it five seasons is incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
              Yeah, thanks a lot... I'm one episode behind.
              My bad. I didn't even think about it. I figured most people watch it like I do on Sunday night. Stupid assumption.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

My bad. I didn't even think about it. I figured most people watch it like I do on Sunday night. Stupid assumption.
                Well done Yaks.
                "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
                "I didn't know you
                had any feelings"

Comment

Originally posted by MWBMIS View Post
                  I always felt that all of the seasons kind of start slow. That's part of the charm of the show. They ease into the story, let it slowly build.

While season 5 isn't measuring up to seasons 3 or 4 it's still the best show on TV, maybe ever. I can't believe there is only one episode left (the penultimate episode is On-Demand now). Then again, given the ratings, the fact that HBO gave it five seasons is incredible.
                  I'm still partial to Season 2 with the dock workers, but it's all good.
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SunuvaNun View Post
                    Well done Yaks.
                    ++
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm still partial to Season 2 with the dock workers, but it's all good.
                      See, I always thought that was the "weakest" season, but we all have our tastes. If you like I can take the pressure of you and spoil what happens at the end of episode 9 since I watched it this morning.

Comment

See, I always thought that was the "weakest" season, but we all have our tastes. If you like I can take the pressure of you and spoil what happens at the end of episode 9 since I watched it this morning.
                        Nice try, but too late. I was too jacked up to wait and watched it this morning, too. I'm saying nothing more.
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

That's one season that I didn't care for initially, but by the time it was done, I loved it.

I like seeing some of the characters from season 2 showing up occasionally in season 5.

Comment

Season 4 was arguably the best of the lot, although seasons 1 and 3 were also extraordinary television. Even season 2 (union workers) had an appeal.

I never thought this season got off to a slow start. As a matter of fact, I think this year's angle of covering Baltimore's perspective from a newpaper POV is incredibly powerful tv. The character of Gus (Clarke Johnson, a wonderful actor previously on Homicide: Life on the Street, and a contributing director of the series - in fact, among others, Johnson directs the series finale) is enthralling. Witnessing the inner-workings of city government, ghetto life, and Law and Order from the perspective of the Baltimore Sun and its writers/editors is captivating.

And I've also loved (and continue to love) watching Det. Lester Freeman work his brand of intellectual insight street smarts in combating an out-of-control Marlo Stansfield and his gang of hoodlums. The deaths this season have been unexpected, and, at the same time, expected, but certainly no less shocking.

Best dramatic television ever aired. Nothing else totally compares. And this includes The Sopranos!
                            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by slow groove View Post
                              Best dramatic television ever aired. Nothing else totally compares. And this includes The Sopranos!
                              Nice try, but The Wire has this nasty habit of actually setting up a story and telling how how it ends. It's a fatal flaw. The genius thing to do is to set it up and then just pull the plug when you can't think of anything else.

On a serious note, I love the way they toss in characters from past episodes this season -- the dockworker, the stick-up boy now selling basketball shoes, Randy in the boys home....It's like everyone is getting a chance to bow out.
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X