Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As March Madness approaches, what mid-majors could make a dent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As March Madness approaches, what mid-majors could make a dent?

As we approach probably and arguably the greatest sporting event of the year, what mid-majors do you see as possible spoilers in this year's edition?

I will speak in terms of conferences, as I have been following the Missouri Valley and Horizon League a little closer this season. I don't know if anyone caught Illinois St.'s win over Wright St. tonight, but those are definitely two teams I wouldn't want to play in the first round. Drake and Butler are the other two from this conference that I think could hang with anyone when they are hot behind the arc....

Open for discussion...
    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Originally posted by kmeyer View Post
    As we approach probably and arguably the greatest sporting event of the year, what mid-majors do you see as possible spoilers in this year's edition?

I will speak in terms of conferences, as I have been following the Missouri Valley and Horizon League a little closer this season. I don't know if anyone caught Illinois St.'s win over Wright St. tonight, but those are definitely two teams I wouldn't want to play in the first round. Drake and Butler are the other two from this conference that I think could hang with anyone when they are hot behind the arc....

Open for discussion...
    The Bulldogs got a good win at Butler - the ref blew a call late to help - but they did good. Young is going to be good for a while.

The problem is they have to be ahead and shoot well - or they have to draw a good match up.

Drake could beat anytime without a dominant inside presence - like a Duke - if there shots are falling.

Sweet 16 is possible - final four maybe not so much - title out of the question.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

I like Saint Mary's.

Comment

Speaking of Drake, they are taking on Missouri State in Springfield tonight...last men's basketball game at Hammons Student Center as the Bears move into JQH Arena next season.

30-17 Bears
        7:00 1st Half

Comment

Southern Illinois is starting to make a run late in the season too and are currently about to knock off Bradley in Peoria. Think this would make 5 in a row for them.
          Official Lounge Sponsor
          Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

At the half, Missouri State 38, Drake 36.

SIU is my pick to win Arch Madness. I think they underachieved this year and they should be able to beat Drake in St. Louis.

Comment

Mizzou?

Comment

The team that was beaten a combined 10 points by Duke and Carolina, and had a 15 point first half lead on UCLA in LA.
                June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Drake loses to Mo State, 86-83.

Comment

Originally posted by DBear View Post
                    Speaking of Drake, they are taking on Missouri State in Springfield tonight...last men's basketball game at Hammons Student Center as the Bears move into JQH Arena next season.

30-17 Bears
                    7:00 1st Half

They didn't obliterate any landmark restaurants for this, did they... ala Juanita K and Ebbett's Field?
                    Damn. That's one place I miss form ol Springfield...Cold beer and awesome wings.
                    Former Sponsor of Kyle "The Comeback Kid" Lohse.

And Current (and former) Lounge Sponsor of Yadier "No-Glove til I get a Gold Glove" Molina and one BAMF

Sponsoring Friends and Proud Co-Sponsor of Captain Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by tallahassee blues fan View Post
                      The team that was beaten a combined 10 points by Duke and Carolina, and had a 15 point first half lead on UCLA in LA.
                      D_v_ds_n

Can I buy a vowel Alex?
                      "I am for truth no matter who says it. I am for justice no matter who it is for or against."...Malcom X

Comment

Originally posted by StlCardz1982 View Post
                        Southern Illinois is starting to make a run late in the season too and are currently about to knock off Bradley in Peoria. Think this would make 5 in a row for them.
                        ++

Official Lounge sponsor of Chris Pronger & Alex Pietrangelo

Comment

I can't wait for March Madness.

It never fails to remind me why I like college basketball more than the NBA.
                          RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                          You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            D_v_ds_n

Can I buy a vowel Alex?
                            Ding, ding, ding! You win the prize. How do you want your sheepdog wrapped?

They have a six game lead in their conference, the nation's longest winning streak, and four of their six losses will have been to conference winners or top 10 teams. Yet, if they lose their conference tourney, they'll be in the NIT.
                            June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Glovey View Post
                              Drake loses to Mo State, 86-83.
                              BTW, This win probably got fueled by emotion - Last game in Hammons Student Center, Senior Night, Coach Hinson probably on his way out and the #20 team in the house.

2 out of 3 on a neutral court, I'd take Drake. Its been a rough year for Missouri State.

And if you want another Midmajor sleeper, look out for South Alabama in the Sun Belt. 23-5 Overall, 14-2 Conference. Nothing eye popping the the schedule but they'll be dancing.

Comment

Working...
                              X