Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Auto Club 500 - 2/24 - 2:30pm CT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GDT: Auto Club 500 - 2/24 - 2:30pm CT

    Let's hope the rain holds off. The Nationwide race is supposed to run an hour after the Sprint race, so a few of the drivers pulling the 'doubleheader' are going to be some tired SOBs....

    I expect another good week from the Dodge's, especially Penske Racing with Kurt Busch posting another good race and Sam Hornish Jr. stepping up even better than his NASCAR debut last week. My Dodge darkhorse is Bobby Labonte, who I think will pull into the Top 10 again this week. Outside of Dodge, Matt Kenseth has ran well here in the past and I look for him to bounce back from a horrible Daytona race last week. Kyle Busch won the Craftsmen race this weekend and could very well be a winner in the race today.
    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

  • #2
    I still have to watch the Daytona Race (getting ready to in about 15 min!)
    Feb. 08, 2005
    Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

    Forever
    Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
    Originally posted by Airshark
    NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

    Comment


    • #3
      We ain't racing today. It's pouring here and the only window that seems to be open is around 7 p.m. local time. It'll be 10 p.m. on the east coast and will take 2-3 hours to dry the track. As if California week weren't miserable enough, this week has been a nightmare. I'm ready to get the fuck outta here...
      The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
        We ain't racing today. It's pouring here and the only window that seems to be open is around 7 p.m. local time. It'll be 10 p.m. on the east coast and will take 2-3 hours to dry the track. As if California week weren't miserable enough, this week has been a nightmare. I'm ready to get the fuck outta here...
        I thought you were unable to get out there.
        Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.

        We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by raise View Post
          I thought you were unable to get out there.
          He wasn't able to get out there in time to blow Robby Gordon.
          If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

          Comment


          • #6
            hey Skip - ? for you (because I totally missed this one - as I'm catching up w/last week)

            Bud moved their sponsorship to Evernham & Kahne...but they didn't want to move to Hendrick and stay w/Jr.?

            splain please...cause I'm missing something other than someone being stubborn????

            I didn't realize the Bud sponsorship left DEI. I knew DEI wasn't going to give up the "8".

            Thanks, - I'll hang up and listen.
            Feb. 08, 2005
            Lois Lane: What's the general opinion of a gal asking the guy out?

            Forever
            Lounge sponsor of YYZ and his Mardi Gras crew.
            Originally posted by Airshark
            NSane has already won - because the Sharks are well and truly ef'ed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Answers: I was finally able to get out here about 3 a.m. Saturday morning. Couldn't blow Robby, but was able to provide hand relief to Carl in his hauler yesterday.

              Bud didn't move their sponsorship to HMS/Jr. because the asking price was too high. Junior and HMS wanted to get Jr. a more mainstream sponsor that he could market to a younger crowd. Bud is saving over $6M/year moving from Jr. to Kasey. Personally, I would have gone to Sadler over Kahne, but that's my opinion.
              The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by skippy05 View Post
                Answers: I was finally able to get out here about 3 a.m. Saturday morning. Couldn't blow Robby, but was able to provide hand relief to Carl in his hauler yesterday.

                Bud didn't move their sponsorship to HMS/Jr. because the asking price was too high. Junior and HMS wanted to get Jr. a more mainstream sponsor that he could market to a younger crowd. Bud is saving over $6M/year moving from Jr. to Kasey. Personally, I would have gone to Sadler over Kahne, but that's my opinion.
                I know Kahne had a rough year last season, but Sadler?....speaking of someone who just doesn't have it anymore....

                That really sucks about the race....I was watching in anticipation for the Nationwide race to get started last night, but the rain just wouldn't stop.....a lot of good interviews with the drivers though.....let's keep our fingers crossed.....

                Would the race go on tomorrow if it gets rained out again? I know that a lot of these teams need to go cross-country to their shops in North Carolina before going back out west to Vegas next weekend.....what a traveling nightmare....
                TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

                Comment


                • #9
                  but but, if they don't race what will i watch after the pens?!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    They will be racing per coverage on the Speed Channel...the sun is coming out in Cali.....
                    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      :( damn me for not having speed....either kind

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kmeyer View Post
                        They will be racing per coverage on the Speed Channel...the sun is coming out in Cali.....
                        The sun is indeed coming out, but it's going to take about three hours to dry the track and more rain is coming. I hope they do race, 'cause I'm leaving tomorrow morning, one way or the either.

                        As far as Sadler, I think he can still be competitive, but Evernham had some serious issues last year and Uncle Ray thinks they've fixed it. And sponsorship has little to do with on-track success; it's about the personality and Elliott would be a much better spokesman for Bud than Kasey.
                        The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          carl looks like he wants to tell the chick "i don't give a damn about that moronic gopher, let me go!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MsFunkay View Post
                            carl looks like he wants to tell the chick "i don't give a damn about that moronic gopher, let me go!"
                            I just now caught what they're doing...JPM has no idea what the hell they're talking about. I don't know who the hell at FOX told them to promote that fucking gopher, but it's the biggest joke in the media center. FOX must be trying to get a sponsor for it.
                            The OFFICIAL Lounge Sponsor of:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The whole gopher bit is going down in flames...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X