GDT: Mizzou (2-0) at Stetson (1-1) - 2/24 - 3pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Mizzou (2-0) at Stetson (1-1) - 2/24 - 3pm

The 6th ranked Tigers wrap up play in the Stetson Invitational today against the host school. Sophomore Kyle Gibson is supposed to get the start on the mound for the Tigers.
    TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

5-0 Tigers....(bottom of the 2nd)
    --Official Lounge Sponsor of Coach Mike Anderson, Colby Rasmus, and Pearl Jam.
    --Suck it cubbies.
    --Thanks to RBB for my kick ace avatar!!** --RETIRE #51!!!

Comment

5-2 after 2....
      --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

9-2 Tigers in the 7th. Kyle Gibson (soph.) has pitched great. Tigers are about to move to 3-0 on the young season. This team is going to be fun to watch if any of you all can get to Columbia, Mo. to see them this spring. True freshman, Kelly Fick, of Jeff. City-Helias gets the start tomorrow for MU against Central Florida. 2:00 start, I think.

High school baseball practice in Missouri begins tomorrow. Practice at 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Sweet!! The weather can begin warming up anytime.
        --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Originally posted by F the Cubs View Post
          9-2 Tigers in the 7th. Kyle Gibson (soph.) has pitched great. Tigers are about to move to 3-0 on the young season. This team is going to be fun to watch if any of you all can get to Columbia, Mo. to see them this spring. True freshman, Kelly Fick, of Jeff. City-Helias gets the start tomorrow for MU against Central Florida. 2:00 start, I think.

High school baseball practice in Missouri begins tomorrow. Practice at 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Sweet!! The weather can begin warming up anytime.
          Another day inside the cages today, another weekend with the ground to wet....our league-wide tryout/draft is next weekend and I am getting opening day-itus.....
          TP sponsor of Everton FC, Colorado Rapids, #5 Barrett Jackman, #2 Luke Schenn, #85 Greg Jennings, #25 Jim Thome, #19 Carl Gettis, #16 Greg Biffle, #31 Mark Hamilton, and the Wisconsin Badgers

Comment

As much as I love baseball, I just can't get into the college game, mainly because of tgose aluminum bats. They may be the only thing in the game worse than the DH.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by kmeyer View Post
              Another day inside the cages today, another weekend with the ground to wet....our league-wide tryout/draft is next weekend and I am getting opening day-itus.....
              Yep. Our basketball team just won districts (football and soccer teams did as well in the fall), so we won't have much access to the gym. The basketball team plays Wednesday at Troy against St. Charles West. I believe West is the top team in the state in 4A. Should be a dandy.
              --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Yep. Our basketball team just won districts (football and soccer teams did as well in the fall), so we won't have much access to the gym. The basketball team plays Wednesday at Troy against St. Charles West. I believe West is the top team in the state in 4A. Should be a dandy.
                Are you going to that game? My cousin (Scott Meyer) plays for West and is currently the 3rd/4th man off the bench...from a chemistry standpoint, that team is amazing......stopping Kramer Soderberg is the key to beating West...he is literally app. 50 percent from 3-point range and draws a lot of fouls, thus putting him to the line a lot where he rarely misses....

Comment

Are you going to that game? My cousin (Scott Meyer) plays for West and is currently the 3rd/4th man off the bench...from a chemistry standpoint, that team is amazing......stopping Kramer Soderberg is the key to beating West...he is literally app. 50 percent from 3-point range and draws a lot of fouls, thus putting him to the line a lot where he rarely misses....
                  I doubt I'll go. I haven't decided yet, but I imagine I'll listen on the radio. I know there's a lot of Moberly folks heading that way. I have heard nothing but great things about West. I did hear one of their better players dislocated a kneecap and might not be available. I've heard the Soderberg kid is a great high school player. Shoots the lights out. 50% from 3-point range is pretty sick. I think it will be a pretty good game with West pulling away in the second half. Moberly's best player is a 6'6 sophomore who can jump out of the gym. His name is Brennan Hughes. Moberly's other stud is named Eric Saunders and he's got a very good offensive game, but he's not much on playing defense, unfortunately.
                  --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

I doubt I'll go. I haven't decided yet, but I imagine I'll listen on the radio. I know there's a lot of Moberly folks heading that way. I have heard nothing but great things about West. I did hear one of their better players dislocated a kneecap and might not be available. I've heard the Soderberg kid is a great high school player. Shoots the lights out. 50% from 3-point range is pretty sick. I think it will be a pretty good game with West pulling away in the second half. Moberly's best player is a 6'6 sophomore who can jump out of the gym. His name is Brennan Hughes. Moberly's other stud is named Eric Saunders and he's got a very good offensive game, but he's not much on playing defense, unfortunately.
                    It should be a great game....Troy's only a half hour up blood alley for me (HWY 40/61 from Wentzille to Hannibal), but I haven't decided if I will be there or not....in regards to Soderberg, they say he is the next best thing to Ryan Robertson to come out of West, the difference being that Soderberg is only 5'11, where Robertson was 6'4".....however, Soderberg is getting attention from the following four schools: Iowa, Wichita St., LaSalle, and Temple....he said he isn't going to worry about signing with anyone until the season is over....they really want to bring home another championship like Robertson's senior season when they toppled Vashon....

Comment

It should be a great game....Troy's only a half hour up blood alley for me (HWY 40/61 from Wentzille to Hannibal), but I haven't decided if I will be there or not....in regards to Soderberg, they say he is the next best thing to Ryan Robertson to come out of West, the difference being that Soderberg is only 5'11, where Robertson was 6'4".....however, Soderberg is getting attention from the following four schools: Iowa, Wichita St., LaSalle, and Temple....he said he isn't going to worry about signing with anyone until the season is over....they really want to bring home another championship like Robertson's senior season when they toppled Vashon....
                      Sounds like they've got a pretty darn good chance of winning it all this year. Moberly's coach has said nothing but glowing things about West. I wish Mizzou would've looked at the Soderberg kid. Sounds like he'd fit Anderson's system pretty well. Plus, I like coaches kids. They're usually a cut above the rest.

There's a kid on the Moberly basketball team named Trey Barrow who is the 7th or 8th man. He will be a preferred walk-on on the Mizzou football team this fall. I'm pretty sure he's expected to compete to be the starting kicker for the Tigers in '09 after Wolfert is gone. Great kid, and a very good (all-conference) baseball player.
                      --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

I think Soderberg's size is the big minus against him, which surprises me that Iowa is interested....he has a good enough shot and ball control that will keep the interest going at the smaller D-1 schools, but his defense is a little suspect at times when going up against bigger guards....that will play against him.....

Comment

I think Soderberg's size is the big minus against him, which surprises me that Iowa is interested....he has a good enough shot and ball control that will keep the interest going at the smaller D-1 schools, but his defense is a little suspect at times when going up against bigger guards....that will play against him.....
                          Brian Grawer!!!
                          --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Grawer was actually 6'1" and literally played a 'full-court' game....I always admired his efforts on the court, and he was a Suburban North product (Pattonville), the conference of my alma-mater (McCluer North)....

Where is he now? Haven't heard or seen him....

Comment

Grawer was actually 6'1" and literally played a 'full-court' game....I always admired his efforts on the court, and he was a Suburban North product (Pattonville), the conference of my alma-mater (McCluer North)....

Where is he now? Haven't heard or seen him....
                              I want to say he's coaching high school, but I'm not sure where. I didn't realize he was 6'1". I always thought he was smaller than that. I did enjoy watching him play, though. Another coaches kid....
                              --Suck it cubbies.

Comment

Working...
                              X