• Show
Clear All
  • BringBackZezel
    El Guapo
    • Feb 2004

GDT: NHL Trade Deadline (2/26/08)

Who's going where?
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.
  • BringBackZezel
    El Guapo
    • Feb 2004

Let's make up some trade rumors....

Blues looking for a goalie, Rangers looking for a bit of everything.

Blues send:
    Barret Jackman, Ryan Johnson and Martin Rucinsky

to Rangers for:
    Al Montoya, Marek Malik (salary dump, UFA at season's end), Alexei Cherepanov.

Rangers get better on defense, PK and another scoring winger who plays well with Jagr in exchange for Montoya (who doesn't have a chance of passing Lundqvist on the depth chart and is a RFA @ season's end), a salary dump in Malik, and an exciting but inconsistant prospect in Cherepanov.
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

• SunuvaNun
      • Nov 2004

The Blues did not want Cherepanov in the draft, what makes you believe they want him now?
      "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
      "I didn't know you
      had any feelings"

Comment

• Jeffro
        • Oct 2005

Jackman, Johnson and Rucinsky are going to get us Montoya (who's an RFA at season's end, by the way) and Cherepanov?

Did I accidently navigate to HF?

Comment

• BringBackZezel
          El Guapo
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SunuvaNun View Post
          The Blues did not want Cherepanov in the draft, what makes you believe they want him now?
          I was looking for a prospect to add to the deal and Cherepanov makes the most sense by far...The only other high-end potential prospect that is even interesting is Alex Bourret...and he's going to be worth more than Cherepanov.

In reality, I think getting either player is a stretch...

A guy like Lauri Kapikorski or Tomas Zaborsky would be a more realistic target.

Comment

• Jeffro
            • Oct 2005

If we assume all three of those guys are assets, I'd prefer to package them in separate deals unless the three of them together are going to fetch us something like Chris Higgins or Mike Komisarek from Montreal, for instance. Not that either of those guys are available, but still.

Comment

• SunuvaNun
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BringBackZezel View Post
              I was looking for a prospect to add to the deal and Cherepanov makes the most sense by far...The only other high-end potential prospect that is even interesting is Alex Bourret...and he's going to be worth more than Cherepanov.

In reality, I think getting either player is a stretch...

A guy like Lauri Kapikorski or Tomas Zaborsky would be a more realistic target.
              I think it far more likely (working within the constraints of the above deal) the Blues include a lower round pick and receive a first back in the place of Cherepanov...or at the very least a second.
              "Whaddya mean I hurt your feelings?"
              "I didn't know you
              had any feelings"

Comment

• BringBackZezel
                El Guapo
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SunuvaNun View Post
                I think it far more likely (working within the constraints of the above deal) the Blues include a lower round pick and receive a first back in the place of Cherepanov...or at the very least a second.
                I would definitely go for that as well...

Perhaps include a 3rd and get a 1st back.

Comment

• BringBackZezel
                  El Guapo
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  If we assume all three of those guys are assets, I'd prefer to package them in separate deals unless the three of them together are going to fetch us something like Chris Higgins or Mike Komisarek from Montreal, for instance. Not that either of those guys are available, but still.

I'd rather take a shot at landing a top goalie prospect, especially considering the troubles that the 2 best goaltending prospects in the Blues system have had.

Comment

• BringBackZezel
                    El Guapo
                    • Feb 2004

by the way, I found an awesome site to look up NHL salaries and contracts...

Comment

• MMouse
                      • Feb 2004

Jackman is as good as gone. Salvy may be as well. I hope they re-sign Ryan Johnson.

Comment

• _#7
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by MMouse View Post
                        Jackman is as good as gone. Salvy may be as well. I hope they re-sign Ryan Johnson.
                        I'll make a prediction....

Jackman to TBL for Gratton.

Tell me why its a bad deal for either team....
                        Foram sponsor of:
                        Joe Crede, Retired
                        #13 Matt Carpenter - 2012 ROY
                        and all folks #7

Comment

• ksbluesfan
                          • Nov 2004

I hope JD surprises everyone by trading Kariya, Tkachuk, Rucinsky, Jackman, McDonald, and Mayers.

Comment

• Jeffro
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by _#7 View Post

Because Chris Gratton really, really, really sucks.

Comment

• ksbluesfan
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by _#7 View Post

Because the Blues don't need a 32-year-old third line center?

Comment

Working...
                              X