X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals at Brewers, 9/27-28: The Fun with Math Series GDT

Fun with math, 2022 version:

The magic number is 3.

But, if we win either game vs Milwaukee, we clinch! Why? Because the magic # counts to 1 game better than the next best team. But with the new playoff structure teams no longer play tiebreakers. No more Game 163. First tiebreaker is head to head record, and the Cards lead the Brewers 9-8. So one win clinches the tiebreaker and thus, to win the division we need only tie the Brewers, so the magic number for two days is 2.

BUT, if we lose both games, then the magic number reverts to 3 as we lose the tiebreaker and must finish 1 game better than Milwaukee.

Get it. Got it. Good.
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

That just made me cross eyed.
    Official Lounge Sponsor
    Jim Beam, Fun Dip, and Guns 'N Roses

2014 TP College Football Pick'em Champion

Comment

Fucking Edman

Comment

Ha wtf was that.
        Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

Mikolas needs to throw 6 2/3 innings tonight to hit 200. He's second in the league behind Alcantara. He should get one more start after this. He should also be our game 1 starter.
          Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

Donovan should be leading off full time.
            Official Lounge Sponsor

Comment

Goldie home run time
              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

It's over tonight. Not a fan of new playoff system.

Comment

Has Yelich always had a noodle arm?

Comment

Other than that short lived jam last inning, Mikolas is dealing tonight.

Comment

I’m going to the game Sunday. Sec 172 Row 12. Giggle.
                      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

You get one last Waino Yadi regular season start. Good for you. Enjoy the game

Comment

Originally posted by ijm View Post
                          You get one last Waino Yadi regular season start. Good for you. Enjoy the game
                          Thank you. I want a do over from that sept 17 game when we won stupid.
                          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl View Post
                            I’m going to the game Sunday. Sec 172 Row 12. Giggle.
                            I'm (as the kids say) jelly.

Enjoy!
                            "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Tommy Ballgame. May need to consider renaming him "ESPN Tommy"

He's 30 for 30.

Comment

Working...
                              X