Jeff Kent: Skeptic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Kent: Skeptic

HOUSTON (AP) — Houston Astros second baseman Jeff Kent said the steroids controversy is an embarrassment to baseball and that the public needs to rethink whether sports heroes of yore abstained from illegal performance-enhancing drugs.
    Kent told the Houston Chronicle in Friday's editions that he believes all players are at least tempted to use the drugs. He also said there's no way to know Roger Maris, Babe Ruth or any other great sluggers of the past weren't on drugs.
    "Babe Ruth didn't do steroids?" he said at the Astros' spring camp in Kissimmee, Fla.. "How do you know? ... People are saying Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth. How do you know those guys didn't do steroids? So all of a sudden, you've got guys doing steroids now in the 20th century, 21st century? Come on."
    Kent continued: "Keep going backward. Pete Rose? Who knows? ... How do we know those guys were clean? Did they test those guys?"
    Mike Gibbons, executive director of the Babe Ruth Museum in Baltimore, told the newspaper that he would "not dignify his comments with a response."
    Barry Bonds, Kent's former teammate on the San Francisco Giants, and New York Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi were called December before a federal grand jury investigating the Bay Area Laboratory Cooperative.
    Bonds' personal trainer, Greg Anderson, admitted to giving steroids to several players and was one of four men with ties to the BALCO charged this month with distributing steroids.
    He declined to discuss the comments Friday with The Associated Press.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't steroids discovered in the 50s?

Comment

If Lou was on roids, he wouldnt have had an iron man streak.

That juice would have sidelined him sooner or later with an injury.

Look at Bonds.

Always "banged" up. and it aint from defense
      Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

jeff kent is great. he never holds anything back.
        Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Ok, I just checked. Anabolic steroids were first used by the Nazis during WWII.

Comment

Jeff Kent: Comedy Genius

Comment

I did find this.

Comment

So Jeff, tell us again how you broke your wrist?

Oh, you fell off the truck you were washing? Oh, right

Comment

I don't think steroids were available in Babe's era. And Babe was juiced enough on hookers, hot dogs and pre-game rotgut. The guy was a fucking champ.
                  I let my hair air dry thereby getting more hair pie
                  I want to fire blanks in Tyra Banks
                  I like shorn quim lasses in horn-rimmed glasses
                  but Cindy Crawford ...offered
                  I would keep a tidy room for Heidi Klum
                  I'm immersed in Kirstie Alley's thirsty valley

I want a smelly slice of Kelly Price
                  Plus get with the hairy scar of Teri Garr
                  I would jizz early inside Liz Hurley
                  Sigourney Weaver has a thrashing horny beaver
                  Winona Ryder? Going inside her!
                  I want to get on the whole width of Anna Nicole Smith

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 27 2004, 11:59 AM
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't steroids discovered in the 50s?
                    Guys, Jeff Kent is a noted moron. That was the point of the story. He's perhaps a bit more bright than say Steve Kline.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Jeff Kent can make Anabolic Barry look sympathetic.

He's a jackhole.
                      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Jeff Kent is probably the biggest bastard in all of baseball right now. I've heard he's considered a far worse teammate than Bonds.

Comment

yep...look like a couple of mo-fo's on the 'roids to me...
                          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
                          -mike
                          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

hahah

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Feb 27 2004, 11:59 AM
                              jeff kent is great. he never holds anything back.
                              Correction.

The phrase "no comment" is available for a reason. Kent is just another in a long line of athletes under the misperception that the general public cares what he thinks. Until he cleans up his own self-induced messes, Kent should go easy questioning the character of a fellow baller.
                              "Let me lay it right on the line. Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today. The only way to destroy them is to expose them. If man is ever to be worthy of his destiny, we must fill our hearts with tolerance.- Stan Lee (circa 1968)

"Compete less with the person in front of you than the person inside of you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X