Russia v. Ukraine - late-stage Putin is something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia v. Ukraine - late-stage Putin is something else

And a couple new countries made up out of the ether.

Seems like a thread
    Sketch in STL
    Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Gonna be fine. Or WW3. We'll see.

Comment

We should totally take Canada. They likely wouldn't even really resist and no one would come to help them. Think of the gold medals!!

Comment

Originally posted by rfriday View Post
        We should totally take Canada. They likely wouldn't even really resist and no one would come to help them. Think of the gold medals!!
        Candace Owens is all for that.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Lot of dick wagging over in Eastern Europe.
          It's like algebra...why you gotta put numbers and letters together. Why can't you just go fuck yourself?

Comment

I did some testing in a high school yesterday, and one room had a big Rand McNally map of Europe pulled down (they still make those??). I was tempted to grab a red marker and move the red line between Russia and Crimea over between Crimea and Ukraine. Might be some other borders shifting soon. Keeping ol' Rand and McNally busy.
            You can't kill terror
            So let's declare war
            There's so many dead that we can't keep score

Comment

Originally posted by big d note View Post
              I did some testing in a high school yesterday, and one room had a big Rand McNally map of Europe pulled down (they still make those??). I was tempted to grab a red marker and move the red line between Russia and Crimea over between Crimea and Ukraine. Might be some other borders shifting soon. Keeping ol' Rand and McNally busy.
              Man, that's a blast from the deep past.
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by big d note View Post
                The folks at Worldle are probably convening emergency sessions to game out scenarios right now, too.
                " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

I really wonder why Putin is doing this except out of some sociopathic need to always have more? They say his net worth could be close to $200 billion. He's enriched all his oligarch buddies. At this point he should be in a "hold" position and keeping Europe hooked on Russian natural gas. But I guess we can't grasp his old Soviet mindset and missing that old USSR map.

Comment

This is a good primer on Russia's and Europe's natural gas positions.

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has suspended the certification process for the Nord Stream 2 natural gas pipeline after Russia recognized separatist-held regions in eastern Ukraine .

Comment

Putin thinks he's going to restore the Russian Empire. Ukraine's vote for independence in 1991 was pretty much the end of the former USSR. He hasn't forgotten.

This could get pretty ugly if sanctions don't work.
                      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

So now the new pivot by the Republicans/MAGAs is that Putin is simply defending himself against NATO aggression.

Comment

Trump praises Putin's 'genius' plan to invade Ukraine: 'You gotta say that’s pretty savvy'

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday called Vladimir Putin a "genius" after the Russian president made moves to take over parts of Ukraine.

Trump made the remarks during an interview with conservative podcaster Buck Sexton.

"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" Trump recalled. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine -- Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."

"I said, 'How smart is that?'" the former U.S. president continued. "And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy."

Trump added: "But here’s a guy that says, you know, 'I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,' he used the word 'independent' and 'we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.' You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-putin-ukraine/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.69 View Post
                            Trump praises Putin's 'genius' plan to invade Ukraine: 'You gotta say that’s pretty savvy'

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday called Vladimir Putin a "genius" after the Russian president made moves to take over parts of Ukraine.

Trump made the remarks during an interview with conservative podcaster Buck Sexton.

"I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, 'This is genius,'" Trump recalled. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine -- Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful."

"I said, 'How smart is that?'" the former U.S. president continued. "And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy."

Trump added: "But here’s a guy that says, you know, 'I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,' he used the word 'independent' and 'we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.' You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-putin-ukraine/
                            Yeah, that’s what very sad here, Donald
                            my goodness is he envious of Putin.
                            Sketch in STL
                            Official Sponsor of jHonny Peralta

I'M WITH HILLARY!

Comment

"We could use that on our southern border."

I wonder if Mexico ever paid off that wall they built on the southern border?

Savvy indeed.
                              Another season as a Blues fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X